Chapter 6

Katherine's POV
Joe was at a meeting this morning, and then three others this afternoon, for Joe and Caspar Hit The Road.
I was home alone, watching reruns of Friends and eating junk food, when I heard a knock on the front door.
I look through the peep hole, to see that it was my ex- boyfriend, Daniel.
I hesitantly open the door, "Um, hi Daniel. What are you doing here?" I ask nervously, looking around outside the door.
"Hey Katherine. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for anything I ever did that hurt you. I still love you, would you give me a second chance?" He asked slowly, biting down on his lip.
"Wait.. How did you know where I lived?" I fold my arms and raise my eyebrows.
"Um.. Oh- well, I asked Zoë- shes waiting outside the apartment block- do you want me to go get her?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.
"No, I'll speak to her later." I say, attempting to close the door.
But he puts his hand on it to stop it from closing.
"Please, Katherine. Give me a second chance. I'm begging you." He drops down onto his knees and intwines his fingers, shaking his hands.
"Didn't you see my YouTube video from over a year ago?" I ask, rolling my eyes.
He was a dirty cheat, we had been dating in high school and then again in college. He cheated on me without me knowing, four times, and I had no clue until I went through his phone.
"No-no- wh- what did you post?" He asks, slowly standing up again.
"Daniel, I got married last year, idiot. To Zoë's brother. How didn't you know that? You still follow me on Twitter and Instagram!" I say, throwing my arms up in the air.
"Baby, he doesn't have to know," he swings the door open, walking towards me, "give me another change. I could treat you better than any other man could." He says, smirking and trying to grab my face.
I shout for help, and thankfully grab my phone from the coffee table.
"I need police! Police right now! I'm a victim of assault! I'm a pregnant woman, being assaulted by a man. Brunette hair, about 6 foot tall, green eyes. Tattoos all pet his arms and hands, dressed in black. Yes! Please send them quick! I don't know what else he's going to do to me!!" I scream, crying. I have to give the operator my address so that the police can get to my house.
I can hear someone gasp at the door, and I open my eyes to see Zoë, standing in shock, covering her mouth.
"Daniel! What are you doing?!" She shouts, running towards us.
"Zoë! He tried to do things to me! Please help me! I already called the police!" I cry out, before Daniel is pulled off me by police.
Zoë is taken outside to be questioned as an eye witness as Daniel is handcuffed and put on the floor by an officer.
There is a policewoman in my apartment with me, who sits me down and comforts me, asking me questions about everything that happened.
She phoned Joe, and thankfully he was out of a meeting, so he wasn't interrupting them.
When she came back in, she said he was on his way home.
"Don't worry honey, everything will be okay. He won't be bothering you anytime soon." She puts an arm around my shoulder and sits with me while I tell her everything that happened.