Chapter 34

Zoe's POV
"Alfie we have to go! Katherine's in labour!" I shout up the stairs, pulling my shoes onto my feet.
"Oh my god no way! Hold on I'll be right down!" He shouts back, as I slip on my coat and grab my car keys.
I put Nala in her pen and lock the gate on it, say goodbye to her and gave her a small treat.
By the time I was back out in the hallway Alfie was downstairs all ready to go, so we rush out the house and into the car, heading towards the hospital.

-------------
"Hello miss what can I do for you today?" The receptionist says when we get inside.
"We're here to see Katherine sugg." I say to her as she checks her computer screen.
"She's in labour right now, you'll have to wait in the waiting room until you are able to go in. She only wants her husband in with her." The woman explains, showing us where to sit.
"Okay. Thanks very much." I say to her and we go and sit down.
I grab an edition of Vogue from the small coffee table in front of the teal and purple seats we were sitting on. 
It was a really old edition, seeing as it was talking about Kylie's first set of lip injections and Kim's butt implants.
I shake my head and put the magazine down, and pull my phone out my pocket to text Joe.

'Is she doing okay?' I send, then realize that he probably wouldn't be on his phone at all in there.
But surprisingly I do get a text back from him; 'just about to meet my new son :)'
I squeal with excitement and show Alfie the messages, and he smiles widely, eyebrows raised high.
"I can't wait to meet the little guy. I can't wait to be an uncle." He says, squeezing my hand.
"Me too! My first nephew." I gush, and smile at the phone. We have a new baby in the family.

"Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes?" Someone calls from the corridor opposite us.
"Yes, that's us." Alfie replies for me, and grabs hold of my hand. 
"Come right this way. Katherine is ready to see you." She smiles, opening a door.

We go inside and I instantly start crying.
"Oh my goodness." I whisper happily, quickly walking over to them both. "Congratulations you guys!" I say, hugging Joe and kissing Katherine and the baby's heads.
"He is so adorable." Alfie acknowledges from beside me.
"Isn't he just gorgeous?" I say as Katherine tiredly smiles up at me.

"Do you want to hold little William here Zoe?" Joe asks, passing him over to me from Katherine. She lays her head back, exhausted, and smiles weakly at us.
"Thanks for coming guys." She murmurs, gazing at the baby boy.
"Why wouldn't we?" I giggle, examining every inch ofWilliam's face.
He is purely beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a cuter little baby. 

"Here you go Alf." I say quietly, passing him over.
Alfie places a gentle finger on William's nose, making quiet baby noises to him and smiling every now and then.

It just made me wonder how amazing he would be as a father to his own children. A great one, probably.