chapter 53

katherine's pov
after zoe and alfie had gone home, joe said he had to go get some shopping. so i stayed at home with william. he was getting so big now, he was nearly eight months old already! where has the time gone, seriously?!

"william, do you need a change?" i giggle, but wretch at the stench coming from the child. he gurgles in response. "that's a yes then." i say, grabbing some diapers and baby supplies. i change him, then grab a bottle to put in the microwave for thirty seconds. i always test how hot the milk is before i let him drink any, in case it's too hot and burns him.

i switch on jeremy kyle USA and watch that until joe gets home again, whilst feeding william at the same time.

joe's pov
i went to a card shop to get a very large gift box and some ribbons and balloons. the final gift i had got for katherine was going to need a very big box. i buy the items and head off to the place i was adopting the puppy from.

"hi linda, i'm joe, here to pick up one of your puppies? i messaged you on facebook last week." i say when the woman opens the door.

"oh yes, joe. thank you for coming. we have four puppies left, two males and two females. each one is eleven weeks old, and has had its first set of shots." she leads me into the conservatory where the puppies were running around in a large crate.

"ah, they're cute, aren't they, the little critters." i say, making a fuss of them all.

"they are indeed. did you say it was for your wife?"

"yeah i did." i say, stroking one on the head gently.

i spend around twenty minutes bonding with them before the front door opens and two young girls, probably around the age of ten, walked in.

"mum! look what we bought! i got this new lip glo-" she stopped in her tracks. then she began to widen her eyes. "omg! omg! omg!" she jumps up and down, and her mum looks at me questioningly.

"what's the matter amy?" her mum asks, placing a hand on the girls shoulder, as she fumbles for her phone.

"JOE SUGG IS IN MY HOUSE!" she screams, and i stand up, opening my arms. the other girl is just stood there in shock. the girl, amy, runs into my arms, squeezing me until i literally can not breathe,  before unlocking her phone and going onto snapchat. "PLEASE SAY HI TO MY BEST FRIEND SOPHIE, JOE!" she squeals, pressing record.

she sends a video message to the friend and hugs me again, before sitting down to calm herself whilst i choose the ideal puppy.

they were shih-tsu puppies, one was grey, and the other three were white and beige. i decided i was going to get a female puppy, so i choose the perfect one.

i pay the woman the whole £176 in cash, and say goodbye to the girls, who are still squealing and crying.

crazy.

i thank the woman and leave, placing the puppy in the passenger seat and strapping her into the seat belt. katherine will love her.