Chapter 35

Katherine's POV
A few days later, after a couple of tests for diseases and whatnot, me and my baby were allowed home.
I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait for little William to finally arrive home and sleep there and live there and- ugh, I'm so stupid. He's a newborn baby. He isn't going to take in his surroundings for a while yet, why am I getting so excited right at this moment?

I had to sleep overnight at the hospital with William, but Joe went home as he had an important interview involving HTR. He told me he would be back to drive us all home again though.

I was getting dressed myself when I heard the crying of my baby from across the room.
I walk over there to see him with his pacifier beside him.
"Aw, baby did you drop your pacifier? Here you go." I say, placing it back into his mouth.

I slip on a flowing floral dress to hide my still fat stomach.
Then I slipped on some Adidas superstars and braided my hair in a fishtail.

I was getting one of the baby bags ready when the nurse came in to check on William.

"How's he been doing today Katherine?" She asks me, gazing into the crib beside the bed I'd been sleeping in.

"He's actually been good, hasn't cried much, only one time when he dropped his pacifier from his mouth but that's about it." I reply, tying the end of my hair with a clear elastic.
"That's good. Is he due for a diaper change?" She asks, gently picking him up to change him.
"He could well be in need of one."

The nurse changed his diaper while I used the bathroom, and not long after, Joe arrived with the car.

"Would my wife and son be wishing to go home now?" He asks enthusiastically at the door, leaning against it.
"We would indeed." I say, kissing him on the lips.

I walk over to the clear crib and scoop up William in my arms and place him in the car seat we bought him. It had toys clipped onto the top of it for him to look at and to keep him amused on the journey, although he will probably sleep through it.

Zoe and Alfie were coming tonight, and we were getting a takeaway to watch X Factor with, and possibly a Pirates Of The Caribbean marathon as well.

Mark was also tagging along, seeing as he had just got back from traveling for almost two years- he went back to Thailand, Germany and then Peru again,with his mum.

I was really excited to see him, after so long. I didn't get to see him last time he came home. He was continuously busy while he was home for the three weeks.

We collected all the baby bags and everything else up and I carried the baby car seat and we checked out of the hospital, home we come!