Chapter 7

Joes POV
I rush home from my meeting, at the police officers request. I was panicking, I needed to see my wife.
I hope he hadn't harmed her. I hope our baby was okay.
I get in my car, turn the key and drive home.
It only took about fifteen minutes in the car to get back home, so it wasn't too long of a wait for either of us.
I slam and lock the car door, and run inside our apartment block.
Up two flights of stairs, to our front door, where there are four policemen holding a handcuffed man onto the floor. Daniel.
I glared at him, "you're a joke. You better have not hurt my wife in there. Or you'll be sorry." I snarled, and ran inside.
Katherine was sitting on the sofa, with Friends playing in the background. She had a blanket wrapped around her fragile shoulders, and was gripping a mug of coffee.
A policewoman was sat next to her, rubbing her arm and joking with her.
"Babe! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Tell me you're okay!" I cry, throwing my arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.
"Baby I'm okay. I'm just worried about the baby. I'm just shocked and confused I guess, but that's all. I promise." She says to me, and gives me a reassuring but emotional smile.
I hug her once more and then thank the police crew.
Eventually they leave, and Katherine and I can talk about everything that happened today while I was gone.
"What happened exactly?" I asked her, putting a coffee pot into the coffee maker.
"I was at home, watching friends and eating popcorn and candy when someone knocked on the door," she says, patting the seat next to her, "so I get up to get it and look through the little peephole and its Daniel. I open the door to see what he wanted, and he started begging for me to give him a second chance, so I-"
"I'm gonna kill him! Did you tell him you're married now?" I interrupted her, shaking my head in fury.
"Of course I did! He told me that you didn't have to know, and then he started coming towards me and eventually he grabbed me. I didn't know what to do, so I just screamed and shouted for help- that's when I called the police." She says, tearing up thinking it over again.
"Ssh, it's okay baby. As long as you didn't give in and do anything back, you're okay." I assured her, and rocked her back and forth while she cried into my shoulder.
I made her another coffee and got her some cookies, but she eventually fell asleep laying across me.