The Beginning of Something New

What was I doing? What was he doing? We were kissing each other when mere minutes ago we were arguing. I need answers to my questions. I need to know what we are and what we are doing.

When we broke away and he started kissing my jawline and neck, I asked, “What are we doing?”

“ Well, right now I am kissing you.” He said in between kisses. He went to kiss my mouth but I stopped him.

“No, I mean what are we doing? What are we in the first place?” I said while looking into his eyes.

“ What do you want to be? It’s up to you.” He said with sincerity.

“I want to be with you but I can’t do that with you letting other girls, human girls, pretty girls, sitting on your lap and you acting like you don’t even notice that I’m there.That might have happened through the past 20 years but I’m not going to put up with it. We aren’t going to be together if you pay more attention to other girls than you do to me.” I said as my eyes were staring intently at the ground.

He was silent as I we just sat there. I guess he didn’t know what to say. I got up and started to walk away but when I got to the edge of the clearing a hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me back. I didn’t stop getting pulled back until I hit a rock hard chest. He turned me around and I couldn’t help but shiver at the sparks that were running through my body.

He tilted my chin up to look at him in the eyes and I saw the golden brown ones that I love so much. “ I’m sorry love. I missed you so much that I felt that I need someone just to feel like it was you. I love you and only you. It’s always been you and it always will be.”

“Really?” I asked, afraid for the answer.

“ Yes love. I love you.” He said without breaking my gaze.

“I love you too.” I said and with that one little phrase, he crashed his lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

When we came up for air, he said, “ Oh and by the way, those other girls were pretty but my girl, she's  gorgeous.” I just laughed and pulled him back down to me.

We walked back to the Denali house to find a visitor there that completely ruined my happy mood. His brown eyes sparkled mischievously while looking at Edward and I. We both got down into a crouch, prepared for him to shift.  

“Bella, long time no see. Unless of course you count our encounter at school but I don’t because bloodsucker here,” He pointed at Emmet, “ didn’t let us finish.”

Edward growled and I squeezed his hand that was still in mine. He calmed but his muscles stayed tense.

“Jacob you need to leave before one of us do something that we will regret.” I said with my teeth clenched. My powers were itching to get out and I knew that if my anger level got any higher it would be bad for everyone.

“ I don’t really feel like it. I’m just going to hang out here until I want to leave. It’s cozy here.”