Shattered

As soon as I walked through the castle doors I was attacked by people hugging me and welcoming me back. I missed Edward but I can't say that I regret leaving. This is where I belong and I want it to stay that way.  He started it and I ended it. I gave him a chance and now I'm done.

I put myself in my work and try to catch up to everything that needs taken care of by me. I have 1 mission to go on and it is to take care of some vampires that have created an immortal child. Jane is on the assignment with me and we will most likely be back in a week if not more. We will leave tomorrow and right now I'm packing everything I will need to keep me from thinking of Edward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got here 2 days ago and right now we are scoping out the area that the immortal child was last seen at. I can't tell you where we are for safety purposes. We are hiding in the bushes when the child comes into the clearing. Its creator comes out and I see that the immortal child is comfortable around her and her mate. When Jane gives me the signal, I sneak around to the back side of where the creator is and lock her in my iron grip.

She starts to scream when Jane picks up the immortal child and starts to light a fire. I know the drill and how everything works when dealing with an immortal child. First we throw the creator in the fire then we throw the child in. It is an easy but complicated process. We have to capture them before we even start anything. Luckily that part was easy and  we are now into the easy part of the mission.

I shove the creator into the fire and then Jane threw the immortal child in after. We put the fire out the left  to go back to Italy. On the plane we were in our own separate cabin. I guess Jane worked her magic on the plane attendants.

We got back to Italy and  I went to my room just to sit on my bed. I feels good to be in  a familiar climate.  I just sat there for hours until Alec came in and said that Aro wanted to see me. I walked to the throne room and stood at my place next to Jane. Aro asked about the mission and he was happy about our report. He dismissed us and we went to our rooms for the night.

During the night I heard a knocking on my window and I saw that it was Edward. He wanted me to open the window and let him in. He sent this through text  and I didn't respond. But I did whisper through the window, "I let you in and you shattered me for the second time."

I know that he heard me because I saw the hurt in his eyes. I couldn't take the pain any longer so I shut the curtains and ignored his texts for the rest of the night. I didn't even hear them because I was dry sobbing into my hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's the next chapter. I hope you like it.~Peighton