Abandoned

They all just stared at me and I stared back.

“Come sit down Bella.” Said Carmen.

I slowly walked over to the couch and sat down. I looked at her while everyone, including her, took a deep breath.

“What’s going on guys?” I asked, getting anxious now.

“Well……..” Kate started.

“EdwardcheatedonyouwithTaylor.” Jerissabelle said really fast.

“He what?!” I practically screamed.

“He cheated on you.That’s why you were in so much pain and you blacked out.” she explained.

I just sat there, still shocked that he would ever do that to me. He was supposed to be the one that always took care of me and protected me. Why would he do that? Does he even care about me? Of course not. If he did, he wouldn’t have left you 20 years ago.

As soon as I came to that realization, a single tear slipped down my cheek. I just looked at my hands then excused myself from the room. I ran out the door and into the forest. I didn’t know where I was going, I just needed to leave. I kept running until I didn’t know where I was anymore.

At that point, I just sat there. Not doing anything, just sitting. I was so worn out from everything that I couldn’t do anything. I felt emotionally drained, but phsyically I could demolish anything that was near me. You would think that my powers would be aching to get out but they weren’t. I almost felt human again, almost.

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I woke up in the clearing that I had been sitting in. I did the same thing that I had done the day before. I just sat there and thought about everything. This is even worse than when I was changed and then felt empty. I wish that everything could be the same that it was before he broke my heart. I miss how it felt to be kissed by him, even if he was holding back in everything he did.

These thoughts went running through my mind on repeat for hours without end. I needed a distraction and fast. I didn’t know where I was but I decided on hunting before even going anywhere. I caught a mountain lion, 3 deer, and a bear. I was going after another mountain lion when  I heard it. Someone screaming my name throughout the forest.

What do you think? Let me know! ~ Peighton