Why? Just why?

Hey guys! I found out some pretty amazing news yesterday and I didn't have time to update. Sorry! Well, the news has to do with a poem contest I entered in April. I entered a poem and yesterday I recieved a letter saying that they wanted to publish my poem in their yearly contest book! Although i won't recieve the actual reslts until September 30th, I'm still super excited. Well enough about my personal life here's the chapter. ~vampprincess

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap: As the coven walked in I knew why I felt weird and that it would not end well.

The coven had 6 members, half of them were blonde. I had never met them in person but I knew their faces and names from the Cullens. I also knew that one of their members had a thing for Edward. Yes, they are the Denalis; Tanya, Kate, Irina, Elezear, Carmen, and a new person named Garret, whom I gauged as Kate's mate.(power from Marcus)

The nomads followed after and one of them looked extremely familiar but the scent was unfamiliar. His emotions were surprised and proud though I don't have any idea why. He reminded me of my dad, he looked like him too. He had a slightly bushy mustache and a creased forehead but he couldn't be. My dad was shot during a robbery. When Aro started talking I snapped out of my trance and focused.

"Welcome young ones." Aro said. Aro had mentioned some of the nomads were newborns but were being trained by the Denalis. Some of the nomads' eyes were tinted by animal blood and the one the reminds me of Charlie has tinted eyes. That's good at least more vampires are changing to animal blood rather than killing a human.

"Good afternoon." they murmured in perfect sync. I felt kind of bad for them. They all have to do what we say while we can do anything we want. My family kills peope in bulk and nothing happens but if anyone else kills in bulk someone,who belongs to the Volturi, goes to kill them.

Aro continued mindless conversation until he started assigning members of the guard to show different people around. Fortunately, I didn't get assigned to the coven. Jane did. Unfortunately, I didn't get assigned to the vampire that reminded me of Charlie. I got assigned to a vampire who looked to have been changed in her late teens or early twenties.

As we walked towards her room, we made idle chit-chat. I learned that her name was Alexa but everyone calls her Alex. She was changed during the Civil War and that her father owned a plantation in the south but she always hated seeing the discriminated people working on the farm. She actually fell in love with one of the workers and the day after they proclaimed their love, she wandering the forest when she was changed. It sounded like my life story minus the part where the love of my life was a vampire but it tore me apart to think someone else had experienced my pain.

Right after I showed her the castle, I pointed to her room then I excused myself even though I would've loved to learn more about her past. Aro had summoned me shortly after I returned to my room so it worked out. He summoned me because I'm supposed to take the animal drinkers hunting tonight. Aro just wanted to go over the area we were allowed to hunt in. When we finished talking it was time to hunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's the next chapter.~Peighton