Listen to the sounds

The voice made me stop and listen. The mountain lion ran away in my hesitation and I started to chase it. I was so involved in the chase that I didn’t realize that someone had been chasing me and yelling my name. I was just about to pounce on the lion, when arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back.

I quickly elbowed them and got out of their grip. Instead of facing my captor, I continued my chase of the mountain lion. I finally got the dang thing and sucked it dry. Only then did I turn around. I regretted turning around as soon as I did.

Edward was standing right there and he was kneeling on the ground while holding his stomach. I just smirk as he grunted in pain. He hadn’t noticed that I had finished my meal and was now looking at him.

“What do you want this time, Edward?” I asked with no emotion in my voice.

He grunted as he stood up to look me in the eyes. “I got a call from the Denalis saying that you had run out of the house and they couldn’t find you. I said that I would find you and I have.” He said while looking me straight in the eyes.

He walked right up to me to take my arm. I yanked it out of his reach.”  What makes them and you yourself think that I’ll just go with you?”

“Bella, I’m done with the games. Just come with me so we can both go home.”

“What so you can go home to Taylor and make out in front of me? I don’t think so. They all knew that I didn’t want to see you at all. You don’t seem to get it through your thick skull that you don’t tell one girl that you love her then go and kiss another girl. You especially don’t do that to your mate. The one person that you’re supposed to love and cherish forever.” I said while my voice got sharper with each word.

“You done now?” he asked cockily.

“You would say that you know? I came back here to get you back but it takes two to want to be together. You obviously don’t understand that. What happened to my Edward? The one that was from 1918, the one that was afraid to kiss me for real, the one that protected me from everything, the one that Charlie hated because he sent me to Arizona. What happened to you? You used to be you but now you’re the monster that you always thought you were. You are now a soulless monster, are you happy now? You are now the person that you thought you were. There’s no stopping it now.” I said, still looking him in the eye. Well trying to, as he had been looking at the ground the entire time.

There was no response from him and I just scoffed.

“Now you understand. Now I’m going home but you can do whatever you want. It’s not like you’re going to listen to me anyways.” I said.

I then turned and ran back the way that Edward’s scent was. I followed his trail all the way back to the Denali household. They were all there and had worried expressions on their faces. As soon as my scent hit the room, I was attacked with hugs. I welcomed the embraces that I would have normally avoided. I looked around the room to find the Cullens here also.

As soon as everyone else let go, Alice jumped on me and gave me a huge hug. I hugged her back just as hard while Esme and Rose joined in. We had a huge girl hug and we wouldn’t let go. We stood there for at least 10 minutes until someone cleared their throat. We reluctantly let go and went over to the couch.

“Bella, where’s Edward? He said that he would find you.” Esme asked.

“He found me but we had an argument so I left him there because he wasn’t listening to me. He was being a jerk and I couldn’t take it. I exploded on him and I doubt that he is going to talk to me for awhile.” I said while looking at the floor.

“Well what’d you say?” Asked Alice.

“ I kind of asked him what happened to my Edward, and what happened to him.” I said while scratching my neck.

They all look shocked until Emmet said “ Way to go Bella! You finally grew a pair.”

We all started laughing until someone spoke up and said “Way to go Bella what?”

EPOV

She went off on me and I knew that it was all true.She then ran away when I didn’t answer and I let her. She said all the things that I had been denying to myself. She was braver to tell me things than I was.

I just stood there for awhile longer thinking about what she had told me. She was right and I needed to apologize, badly. I turned and followed my trail all the way to the Denali house. She must have followed my trail also because her scent was mixed with mine.

I was coming closer to the house when I heard silence then someone burst out saying “Way to go Bella.You finally grew a pair.”

There was a lot of laughter and I quietly snuck through the front door. I walked into the living room where they were and said “Way to go Bella what?”

They all turned and looked at me and I could see anger in all of their eyes. Oh shit. I’m toast

What'd you think? Let me know by commenting. I haven't been getting many lately so I don't know who actually reads anymore. Please don't be a ghost reader. I want feedback so I can improve my stories and edit them to please my readers.  Vote and comment please.I will be very happy if you do.P.S. This chapter and the author's note were over 1,000 words. ~ Peighton