Chapter Fifteen

Cara hugged me tightly as I finished explaining what had happened tonight. She had been crying, but nothing like what I was. She'd offered me so many things, and even asked me if I wanted to come live with her and her mom for a while. 

"Babe you can't stay here on your own." She informed me.

"I'll be fine." I replied, sniffing. "I need to learn some independence." She sighed, giving me 'that look.'

"No, you're coming to stay at mine for tonight." 

"Are you sure?" 

"What do you mean are you sure?! What type of friend would I be if I left you here alone after what's happened tonight?" I smiled slightly and slowly got up off the sofa, leaving the room and heading upstairs. 

Once I'd packed my bag, I found Cara waiting for me by the door. I walked over, slipping on my shoes before leaving the house. I locked the door and turned round, completely freezing in my spot. It was a while before Cara realised I wasn't following behind her. She followed my gaze to where I was looking. 

"What's up?"

"I-Its him." I couldn't take my gaze away. He was sitting in the front seat, smirking at how terrified I was.

"Who?" 

"How is he out?" She was still confused.

"Marissa, who is he?!" She demanded an answer.

"It's Jason." His car door opened and slammed, as he began to calmly walk over to us. Cara stood in front of me in a defensive way. He reached my driveway, standing just metres away from me whilst I trembled with fear. 

"Get lost!" Cara yelled. He chuckled at her.

"Aw, you're cute." Jason was six foot, where as Cara was only 5'4. He patted her head and quite simply walked around her, but she pushed him back.

"I'm telling you, get lost!" Once again he ignored her. "Mari, call the police." 

"Do you really think that's a good idea Marissa? I mean, if I can escape once, I can escape twice." Jason said. He was so calm and collected- it was as if he was certain the police weren't going to come back for him. I didn't say anything. He pushed Cara to the floor and charged over to me. I turned and ran, dropping my bag and anything else I was holding. I had no idea where I was going; I'm not going to get far in a garden. Jason's footsteps were soon following me as I ran straight ahead, anything to get away from him. I was about to climb my fence but Jason pulled me down and onto his shoulder. Quickly, Cara sprinted over and began trying to pry Jason's grip from me, but it was useless. Jason got fed up quickly, and put her over his other shoulder. "Came for one and got two." He muttered as he walked to his car.

"Why did you do that?!" I mouthed to Cara. She didn't reply, and instead tried to fight off Jason's grip. He's too strong, I knew it wouldn't work.

He checked both directions, before sprinting to his car. Me and Cara were shoved into the back, Jason slamming the door on us. Common sense told me to open the other door, but it had a child lock on it. Jason sat in the drivers seat and began rumaging through the glove box. After a brief search, he pulled out two syringes. Cara gasped, and kicked and punched Jason. She had a phobia of needles. She punched him in the face, hard, which only angered him more. 

He clenched his jaw as he stabbed the needle into her neck. Then, once she was passed out he turned to me. 

"You can come sit in the front with me babe." He said, patting the passenger seat. I shook my head, earning a chuckle. "I want to talk to you." He mumbled. 

"N-No."

"Just climb over." I sighed, defeated, and did as he requested. He mimicked my actions, pulling away.

"Why did you snitch?" He was so calm right now; it worried me. 

"Please don't hurt me." Was the only thing I could say.

"Answer my question and I won't." He retorted. I thought for a few seconds, before shrugging. 

"I wanted to get away from you." I mumbled.

"So you told the cops?" I chose not to answer that, and instead asked him another question.

"Why did you come after me again? What do you want?" By this point, tears were streaming down my face. He just ignored me. I knew asking again would just annoy him, so I choose not to. We both sat in silence, before Jason broke it.

"I'm going to get you back for that."

Yeah, I figured.