Chapter Forty Four

It's been six months. Cara has came to visit a couple of times, and Jason has took me back to LA too. She's also warmed up to the idea of me and Jason, and now they both get along well with each other. Me and Jason are going great. We barely ever argue, and if we do it's always over stupid things and we make up within a day or so. He's a great boyfriend. Jason is still involved with the gang, but now they don't have to go out on missions and stuff as often, since they killed Danny. Me and Jason still live in Mexico, and each day I spend there I love it even more. It's such a beautiful place. 

Currently, I'm getting ready to go out with Jason. He decided that we hadn't been out for a while, and he wanted to. I didn't refuse. Unlike usual, Jason had bought a new dress for me and asked me to wear it. He keeps saying that this date is going to be special, but I have no idea what he's planning, although Cara and the rest of the gang do. They keep telling me I'm oblivious and clueless, yeah no joke. After my shower, I slipped into my robe and styled my hair and make-up, keeping my hair down and curly and my make-up light. After I was finished with my hair and make-up, I slipped into my dress and grabbed some heels to go with it, before stuffing my clutch full of stuff I might need for tonight. After double and triple checking myself over in the mirror, I finally walked downstairs where Christian was waiting. I furrowed my brows, where is Jason? Christian turned and smiled at me, and of course I smiled back, but I was still confused. 

"Where's Jason?" I asked.

"He's already there. Your car is outside." Christian said as he walked me to the door, where a limo was waiting outside. My jaw dropped slightly. The driver got out of the car and held open the door for me, waiting for me to get in. I thanked him as I got in the car, buckling up. 

---

The drive there took about half an hour but we finally pulled up at a nice restaurant located on the beach. The driver opened my door, as once again I thanked him. It was a little breezy, but nothing too bad. I looked ahead and saw Jason waiting for me. He smiled when he saw me, walking towards me. 

"You look beautiful baby." He complimented me. A small blush crept onto my cheeks as I smiled back.

"Thanks Jase, you look good to." He chuckled lightly and kissed my cheek, grabbing my hand and leading me into the restaurant. Jason walked to the back, where the tables were practically on the beach. He pulled my chair out for me. I smiled and sat down, as Jason did the same. I picked up the menu that had already been set out for us and quickly glanced through, seeing that this was a steak restaurant. After scanning through the menu, I eventually decided on a small-ish stake and some side salad. The water came over and poured us some water, before asking if we would like any other drinks. He took our orders and rushed off to the kitchen. "So why is this date so special?" I asked Jason, a question that has been burning my mind for a while now. Jason shrugged, smirking. "Jason!" I whined.

"Marissa." He mimicked me. I pouted, looking out to the sea. 

"Why are you so mean to me?" I questioned, earning a chuckle in response. 

"You'll find out why babygirl, okay?" I sighhed, nodding.

---

After me and Jason had ate, he decided that we would go for a walk on the beach. As we strolled along, I noticed a column of rocks which was made up to be a pier. It seemed to extend into the sea for miles. 

"I'm scared, what if I fall off it?" I asked Jason, biting my lip slightly. 

"You won't babe, it's perfectly safe." He said. I nodded, still unsure. I slipped off my shoes and with Jason's help I managed to get up onto the pier. "Let's go to the end." He chuckled, grabbing my hand and jogging down. I giggled and followed him, holding tightly onto his hand just incase I fell. Finally, we approached the end and sat down. Jason kept his arm around my waist as I laid my head into his shoulder. A comfortable silence surrounded the air around us for a few moments, before I spoke up. 

"So was this the big surprise?" I asked. 

"Not yet." 

"Oh my gosh." I sighed, getting frustrated. "When will you tell me?!" 

"You seriously want to know?" I nodded. "Are you sur-"

"Just tell me already Jason." I groaned. He stood up, pulling me up with him. 

"I love you, Marissa. So much. In the beginning, I treated you awfully, and I know I was wrong, if I could take it all back you know I would. These past few months, you've made me realise just how much you mean to me, and if it weren't for you, I don't know where I'd be right now." He paused for a few minutes, as a small smile and blush crept onto my face. "I love you so much Marissa, and that's why.." His sentence trailed off as he pulled something out of his back pocket and got down onto one knee. "I was hoping you'd do me the honour of becoming my wife." A small tear slipped out of my left eye. 

"YES!" I practically screamed as I wrapped my arms tightly around him. He smiled, holding my left hand in his before slipping the ring onto my finger. 

"Do you like it?" He asked, shooting me a small smile. I nodded.

"I love it Jase." I smiled, kissing him. 

"I love you." He muttered through the kiss. 

"I love you too." I replied.