Chapter Five

I sat quietly in the back, listening to Mr Parks droan on about random shit. I stared at the clock, desperate for it to turn to three thirty so that I can get out out this hell hole.

It was 5th period on a Friday, and we had a week's holiday too. Finally, the large hand flicked onto the 6 mark, the bell ringing as soon as it did. I shoved all my stuff into my bag and dashed out of the classroom. I placed any unwanted books into my locker, quickly leaving out the main double doors. Jason and some other guys were standing at the gates, smoking something. Jason winked at me as I walked over. I scoffed, purposely rolling my eyes just to piss him off. He grabbed my wrist and swung me round, my back smashing into the fence.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" I yelled at him. His friends stood behind him, almost like a little gang.

"I swear Mariee, you roll your eyes at me once more and I'll kill you." I sighed.

"Whatever Jason, just fuck off and leave me alone." I tried to walk away, but I was slammed back into the lockers.

"Are you trying to piss me off on purpose?" He growled in a quiet tone. I grabbed onto his wrist with my right hand, yanking it from my own.

"Leave.Me.Alone." I spat at him, heading down the street.

Later That Night

"Marissa, me and your sister are going to the mall." My mother told me.

"Kay," I muttered, not caring. She sighed and shut my curtains. It was beginning to get dark; it was almost seven pm.

"Stay at home, don't go out. You're grounded." She reminded me. I muttered the same answer as I did before, more interested in texting Cara. I heard her annoying voice nagging on, before my phone was snatched out of my hand.

"HEY!" I snapped at her, earning a strict glare from my mom.

"Are you listening to me?" She asked.

"No, and I don't give a damn what you're saying. Just go to the mall, you're pissing me off." Her jaw dropped.

"MARISSA!" She yelled. "Don't you dare speak to me that way." She added, emphasising the word 'dare.' I rolled my eyes and reached to grab my phone, but she pulled it back. "No phone for a week."

"I need my phone." I spat. She shook her head, beginning to walk out the room. Oh, whatever. She knows that no matter where she hides it I'll always find it. She slammed the front door, leaving the house in total silence. I watched her from my balcony doors as she slipped my phone into the side pocket of her bag, getting in the car with my sister and driving off. I rolled my eyes and flopped onto my bed. I quickly grabbed my iPad and messaged Cara on facebook.

'Don't text or call me, my mom has my phone.' I got a reply back in seconds.

'Okay. What did you do?'

'Nothing, she was just being a bitch.'

'Oh, okay.' I didn't bother messaging back and instead just left downstairs to get some food. I turned the corner into the kitchen, my head watching the floor as I walked. I opened the fridge and grabbed a chocolate bar, turning around as I shut it. I gasped when I saw Jason standing at the other side of my kitchen.

"What the hell are you doing in here?! Get out!" I yelled at him. He was dressed completely in black, with nothing but the base of his supras being white. His hood was pulled up over his head, his leather jacket resting firmly on his shoulders.

"No can do sweetheart." He smirked. Slowly, he stepped closer to me. Each step he took forward I took one back, but my back soon hit the fridge. Jason chuckled and stood in-front of me. "I didn't want to be the one to do this to you, but my gang is shit." He informed me.

"Gang?" I questioned. He chuckled and nodded.

"You're so hot." He said after a few seconds of awkward silence.

"You need to go." I ordered, trying to sound stern but failing completely. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Well you're going to have to come with me." I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"What are you talking about?" He fiddled with something in his back pocket, eventually pulling out a syringe. I gasped, my eyes widening, my jaw dropping. I tried my best to get out of his grip but the needle was stabbed into my neck harshly. The chemical was injected into my body, as I fell limp to the floor.