Chapter Forty

A loud growl arrupted from Jason's lips, making me jump. He pressed around on his screen before holding his phone to his ear. 

"Nathan? Get on my private jet and get here as soon as you can. It's Danny." There was silence for a few seconds, the only thing to be heard was Nathan talking on the other line. "Never fucking mind, just get the gang and get here as quick as you can, okay?" Jason sighed loudly and hung up. 

"W-who's Danny?" I plucked up the courage to ask. 

"You know that guy that kidnapped you?" I gulped, nodding. "Him." Jason replied, reluctantly. 

"You sound scared." I admitted honestly. 

"I'm not scared." Jason chuckled dryly. "But Danny is dangerous, and he isn't afraid to do anything. The gang found out that he's been after you for a while now, and he's the type of guy that won't stop until he gets what he wants. He's hated me for years, because I get members of my gang to kill members of his. My gang has wiped out at least half of his, and now he's desperate for revenge." I gulped, fearing for my life. "He's my biggest rival, and he would go to extremes to have me dead. That's why I need my gang now to help me to kill him and his main members. You're probably going to end up going back to the states for a while, just until we figure out a plan." I nodded.

"What if he kills me?" Jason shook his head.

"He won't get anywhere near you, okay? I promise you." I nodded, looking down to the floor, fiddling with my fingers. Jason sighed once more, making me look up, where I found he was walking towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him. I wrapped my arms around him almost immediately. "I'm so sorry." Tears escaped my eyes. 

"What for?" I sniffed, scared. 

"Everything. For kidnapping you, for beating you.." He trailed. "I love you." I pulled away, confused on whether or not I heard him right. "There, I said it." Jason cracked a smile, making me do the same. "I would never, ever let anyone hurt you Marissa, I promise you." His hand cupped my cheek, as he kissed my gently. Of course, I kissed back. We pulled away, Jason pulling me in for another hug the second we did. 

"I love you too." I muttered. I could tell Jason smiled. "When will the guys get here?" I asked. 

"Hopefully today." 

---

Me and Jason were watching a movie when the doorbell rang. 

"That must be the guys, stay here." Jason told me as he jogged through into the kitchen. "We need a plan, immediately." Jason said, as all the guys walked through to the meeting room Jason had built in just a few weeks ago. He stopped, motioning me to follow them. I got up and followed Jason into the room where he held the door open and made sure I was in, before shutting it behind us. He sat down in the seat beside me. 

"So what's happened?" Christian asked. 

"Two members from Danny's gang saw Marissa, and I know that Danny is going to try and get his revenge. I'm sure of it." Jason said. "We need to wipe him, and his main gang out as soon as we can, then we'll just be left with the weaker members." Nathan nodded.

"So what about Marissa? Where will she be during all this?" Nathan asked. 

"Jaden, Christian and Drew will take her to my penthouse in New York until we say it's safe for her to come back here. Danny wouldn't expect her to be there." I only knew Christian out of the three, but I'm sure it'll be fine. "Its probably best that you guys leave as soon as you can." Jason looked at me. "Go pack. Guys try and work out some plans, I'll be down soon." Jason said as he followed me upstairs. 

Jason

"How many clothes will I need?" Marissa asked me. I sighed, shrugging. 

"Just pack as many as you can, I don't know how long this will take. Hopefully it will only be a week or so, but I don't know." She nodded, folding clothes into her case and zipping it up afterwards. She sighed, flopping down onto the bed, staring out to the beach. I sat beside her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. "What's up?" I asked her. 

"I just hate this." She replied. "Constantly moving around to new places just so I don't get kidnapped by some crazy gang leader who wants revenge on you." Her thoughts made me feel bad. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized once more. I sat in my own thoughts for a while before deciding what I should do. "I'll tell the guys to take you home." I said, getting up. Of course I don't want her to leave, I love her, but I have to. I was just about to walk out the door when Marissa called me back. 

"What?" 

"I'll tell the guys to take you back to LA, so you can be with Cara and your other friends." I said. She's right, it's not fair on her keeping her here when she's in danger. 

"Jason I didn't mean it that-"

"I know what you meant, but you're right. It's not fair keeping you here when you're in danger." I said, leaving the room and Marissa in shock.