Chapter Four

I was sitting on my balcony, relaxing and watching the stars whilst sitting underneath the umbrella on my swing-chair. It was raining slightly, and the slight breeze made a small shiver run through my spine, although I had a jacket on. From down the street, I heard voices.

"I swear, you fuck this up for me and you're in big shit Jaden! You need to plan it perfectly, I want to be out of this town by the end of the week. I didn't fucking come here for a vacation! I came here to get her. She's my target. If I don't have her by the end of this week, I'll kill all of you fuckers." Immediately, I recognized the voice as Jason not long before him, and another guy came into my view. The other guy had lowered his tone slightly, but I could still hear him.

"I won't mess it up. I just need a few more days to work out how we're going to do it and then it'll be fine, alright?" I could see Jason glare at him from under the hood of his leather jacket.

"You have until the end of this week. If its not done by then, I'll take her myself." Jason's gaze shot straight up towards me. My eyes widened as he locked his gaze on me. Jason began rushing across the street, heading directly towards my house. My breathing became quicker as I darted towards my balcony doors, slamming and locking them shut behind me. I shut my curtains, and flicked on every light in my room. Apart from the cackles of thunder, my room was silent for a few moments before I decided to switch on the TV.

Then, after another few minutes my balcony doors flew open. It pulled my curtains from the rail as Jason stepped into the room. My jaw dropped, my breathing picking up its speed again.

"How much of that did you hear?!" He growled at me in a hushed tone. I gulped, unable to speak. "Answer me Marissa!" He growled again his daggers piercing straight through my dark brown orbs.

"N-Nothing." I stuttered.

"You're lying." He charged over to my bed, pinning me down and hovering above me.

"Get off me!" I demanded as I tried to push him off.

"And I hate liars. Tell me the truth, how much did you hear?"

"About you not coming here for a vacation and that you want her taken by the end of the week." Just like he did with the lockers, he picked my body up and slammed me back down on the bed.

"You tell anyone about that, and you're dead." He threatened, just like he threatened the other guy. I nodded and gulped. It was the first time I had ever been so scared. He glared at me as he walked out of my room as if nothing had happened, leaving me in a state of shock.

---

As I turned the corner to go to my locker my body was immediately pushed back into the wall. I sighed as I saw Jason standing in front of me.

"You haven't told anyone!" He asked, but it came out more like a demand. I shook my head, not saying a word. "Good." He muttered, his famous smirk once again rising on his face. "You know babe, if you weren't such a bitch I would probably date you." He said, examining my body up and down. His grip released, and without saying a word I dashed to my locker.

I sat in my seat for Geography, Jason once again unfortunately sitting next to me. Cara was staring at me throughout the whole lesson, mouthing stuff to me which I couldn't understand. I chose just to ignore her, and continued to watch the video about Mount Pinatubo's 1991 eruption, which devastated the Phillipines. I picked my pen up and jotted some notes down, Jason immediately looking and copying exactly what I wrote.

"You know, maybe if you couldn't do the subject then you shouldn't be in a top set class." I said. Jason glared at me and scribbled down the notes.

Miss Barklett turned the lights back on, the majority of my class rubbing their eyes to get used to the light.

"Jason, can you tell us what you've filled in the first box?" The first box was all about what happened to the Volcano on the day it actually erupted, June 15th 1991. He looked down at his sheet and adjested it so he could read it. He read out exactly what I had on my sheet, perfect word for word. I scoffed quietly as the teacher praised him for my work.

I swear, one day I'm going to end up punching him in the face so fucking hard.