Chapter Twenty Two

Before I start, I need to apologize about how long it's taking me to update. I have a lot of controlled assessments and really important stuff going on at school, and I quite simply can't find the time to update. I'm sorry guys, thank you for being patient. x

"Darren wants her, now." I heard Michael say.

"Not a chance." Jason spat back.

"McCann, you need to give him the girl, otherwise he'll come after both of you." What? "That was your agreement with him, remember? You'd kidnap her and give her to him, then he'd pay you. She was your target for a reason."

"He's not getting her!" Jason yelled. "Tell him to go find another girl to fuck!"

"Gladly, but you'll be dead in a few months." Michael said. Suddenly, I heard a gun shot. It wasn't long before I saw Jason come up the stairs. As he looked up, I turned and walked into a random room, not even wanting to look at him.

"Marissa." He said sternly. When I didn't answer, he harshly grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "How much of that did you hear?!" His eyes were pitch black, and he looked terrifying. I've never seen him like this before.

"All of it." I spat back, bottling up all fear that I had. Jason slammed me into the wall, releasing his grip on me. He was about to walk out of the room, but he quickly turned round and swung a fist at me. As it collided with my face, I hit the dresser and chair, before falling to the floor. A foot kicked my ribs twice, making me scream out in pain. That kick was followed by another, and another, and another. Each one making me weaker and weaker. It wasn't long before Jason was punching my face once more. I was nothing but his little punch bag. I could feel the blood start to trickle down the left side of my face, and that's when I became numb. Jason was still hitting me, but I couldn't feel it anymore. It was almost as if I had gotten used to the pain, and was now just enduring it.

Jason stood up, kicking me in the face one last time, causing my head to fly left. The door slammed as the room fell silent, I was finally alone. My body was paralysed with pain. I just had to lie on the floor and take it. From downstairs I could hear doors slamming, and Jason's footsteps charging around. It was then that I heard him coming back upstairs. Please no. The door opened, as he walked in. I couldn't help but notice the pistol in his hand. The gun was pointed towards me.

By this point, you'd expect me to be begging for my life, but I didn't.

You'd think I'd be screaming for help, but I just lay there.

"Just do it." I croaked out. Jason's face softened a little. "Just kill me." I said. I looked back up at the ceiling, waiting to hear the gunshot. Surprisingly, I didn't hear it. When I looked, Jason had dropped the gun to his side. There was an awkward tension, before Jason made his way over to me and tried to help me up. Before long, I was standing on my feet with Jason's arm wrapped around my waist. Neither of us were saying anything, we just stood there.

"Come here." He said. I tried my best to limp out of the room, but each time I took a step the pain increased. Seconds later, my body was swooped into Jason's arms. He carried me out of the room and into our bathroom, where he placed me on the counter. He rumaged around in the cupboard, before turning back with a first aid kit.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him as he was opening the bag.

"Because." He muttered.

"Just leave me alone Jason." I told him. He looked up at me with a look of disbelief.

"I'm trying to fucking help you." He said, but in a relatively calm mannor.

"I don't want your help." He dropped everything he had in his hands and left. I looked in the medium sized bag that was left beside me, pulling out a white bottle filled with pills.

I feel worthless here, with Jason. He just beats me. If I can't escape, and if he's not going to kill me, then I suppose there's only one way to escape it..

Get out myself.