Chapter Thirty Nine

A loud banging noise woke me up immediately. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around the room. Soon enough, the door opened revealing an angry looking Jason. I gulped, not daring to say a word with him. 

"Get up." He spat at me, throwing some sweats and a jumper on the bed. I stretched my body out a little, earning a glare from Jason. "Hurry the fuck up!" He growled. I pulled the covers off me and grabbed the outfit Jason had chosen for me, before heading into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and piled my clothes behind it, just incase Jason was to walk in. I turned on the shower and waited for a few brief moments before stepping in, and letting the warm water embrace me. It spent what felt like hours in the shower, just thinking. Why is Jason being like this again? I hate it. One minute he's all nice and loving, the next he's a monster. I can't take all the beatings all over again. The door burst open, snapping me out of my thoughts. Jason was standing there, as he kicked my clothes away from the door. "WHAT PART OF HURRY THE FUCK UP DON'T YOU GET?!" He charged towards me.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered, reaching for the towel that was on the nearby rail. I wrapped it around me just before Jason grabbed my arm. He pushed me into the sink, making me hit against it hard with my stomach. I groaned in pain, hearing the water from the shower turn off. 

"You have two minutes." He said sternly. I turned to look at him, seeing that his eyes were almost pitch black. 

"Why are you being like this Jason?" It took a lot to hold back the tears that were in my eyes, but I somehow managed to.

"What?" His glare became colder and colder by the second. 

"Why are you doing this again? Beating me, punishing-" He slapped me hard across the face.

"Shut the fuck up and get ready." He snarled, exiting the room quickly. I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror, seeing a fresh new handprint form on the right side of my face. Tears cascaded down my cheeks uncontrollably. After finishing my usual morning routine and slipping into my clothes, I left the bathroom and sat on the bed, not knowing what to do. I waited a few more minutes before standing up and walking over to the balcony doors, where I just stood, staring out to the open ocean before me. The sun was beaming down, reflecting on the water and making the sand look almost white. It was beautiful. Footsteps cut me out of my thoughts, as I headed back over to the bed. Just as suspected, Jason entered the room and pulled me out by my wrist. 

"Where are we going?" I asked him. 

"Did I tell you to speak?" He responded. I gulped. 

"S-Sorry." I dragged behind him as he took my to his car. I buckled up as he slammed the door, making sure the child lock was on. Jason soon got in the car, reversing out of the driveway and driving down the deserted roads. 

---

We pulled up in front of a supermarket. It was fairly quite, but still cars jotted around the parking lot. 

"Wait here." Jason ordered before getting out the car. He slammed his door shut and locked it before heading into the shop. As I lifted my head, I noticed three guys standing in the corner of the parking lot, staring at me. I gulped and looked away, trying to ignore their stares, but it was useless. They started muttering to each other, before they walked over to the car. Panic and fear immediately shot through me, but I couldn't do anything. I was locked in the car. 

"Where's McCann?" One of them said, I ignored, pretending I couldn't hear him. "Bitch I know you can hear me! Where's McCann?"  I shrugged. He rolled his eyes, jotting down Jason's regestration plate before moving back into the corner, perfect timing to when Jason left the shop. He unlocked the car and got in, placing the bag on the floor next to my feet. 

"Jason, I need to tell you something." 

"You only speak when spoken to." He said. 

"It's important, those guys, they came over to the car-" 

"Shut up!" He hissed, driving back home. 

---

When we arrived back home, I got out and carried the bags in, as requested by Jason. 

"Jason those guys in the corner, they came over asking where you were and they took your regestration plate number too." I blurted out quickly, not wanting to get wrong for speaking again. "I don't know who they were, but they saw me and started muttering to each other before they walked over." Jason stood dead in his tracks. After a few moments of silence, Jason spoke up.

"You have no idea what they wanted?" I shrugged.

"They were just asking me where you were and then he put down your regestration plate." I replied. 

"Stay here." He said, leaving outside towards the garages. He opened the one with his white ferrari in, the car we had just been out in. After wandering to the back of the garage, he came back with a tool box. He unscrewed the plate off, replacing it with another one on the front and back of the car. Once he was done, he set the tool box back away and returned back to the house. "Did they say anything else?" Jason seems generally worried about this, and that's not a good sign. I shook my head. Silence filled the room around us, before Jason recieved a text message. 

'I would keep an eye on her, she's hot. Wouldn't want anyone getting hold of her, right McCann?'