Chapter Twenty Six

I sat there awkwardly as Jason tapped away on his phone. I sighed, and began to fiddle with my fingers. A few minutes later, Jason stood up.

"C'mon." He ordered me.

"Where are we going?" 

"Gang stuff." I gulped and nodded, not wanting to have to go out on some mission with Jason and his gang. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." Jason said as he rubbed my back, before jogging down the stairs in front of me. As Jason's gang were getting prepared, Jason ran through some stuff with me. "Marissa, you need to stay in the back of the van, no matter what. We can't have you getting kidnapped." I nodded. "Me and the guys shouldn't be that long, we just need to set up the bombs outside. We aren't going inside so it's all good." I repeated my actions from before, as me and Jason head out to the van. 

"So do I have to hide behind these seats or something?" I asked Jason, climbing into the back whilst he got in the drivers seat. 

"Exactly babe." It wasn't long before the rest of the guys piled into the van, and we began driving. 

---

We arrived at a house. It was fairly large. Probably some other gangs hideout. The house was part of a neighbourhood, although there wasn't that many houses around. Jason ordered me to climb into the backseat, so I did as told. The guys discussed their plan, and before long the van fell silent. I couldn't hear anything around, it was completely silent. My curiosity got the better of me, and I looked up over the seats. I could see Jason on the ground, setting up a bomb. He looked up and over to the van, catching sight of me. Fuck. I ducked back down and hid, not daring to look up again. 

I yelped slightly as the back doors of the van opened, revealing Jason. 

"I told you to keep your head down!" He growled. I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. He sat opposite me, sneakily looking over the seats to see what everyone else was doing. "After you got the tracker taken out of your arm, I never put a new one in did I?" Jason asked me. I shook my head. "Remind me to do that when we get home."  

"Do you really have to? Jason it hurts."  

"I don't want you escaping."

"I don't plan to." Jason shrugged. 

"I'm not taking any chances with you." He almost spat the word 'you' out, and that kind of hurt. I sighed. 

"Whatever." I muttered.  

---

When we arrived back home, Jason immediately pulled me into a room. He grabbed the small gun that he used the last time, and placed it to my arm. 

"Jason it hurts!" I told him once more, but he didn't care. "Jason!" I yelled as he was about to pull the trigger. 

"WHAT?!" He shouted back at me, making me jump a little. "It doesn't fucking hurt that bad, grow up Marissa." 

"Twat." I muttered under my breath, but that clearly wasn't quiet enough. Jason just chuckled and put another tracker in my arm. It started bleeding, so Jason just put a plaster over it. I was about to walk out the room, when Jason pulled me back. 

"So, I thought I told you to keep your head down." Jason repeated.

"Well I didn't." I snapped smartly, about to walk out, but Jason grabbed me again. 

"Cut the attitude Marissa." He spat at me. "I'm nicer than some of the guys here." I fake laughed. "So if you have attitude with them, they'll just fucking beat you." He threatened.

"Don't worry Jason, I'm sure it's nothing you haven't already done." I slammed the door shut behind me as I walked out of the room, charging up the stairs. I heard some guy coming up after me, I knew it wasn't Jason.

"So you're Marissa?" The voice asked. 

"Yes." I muttered, not even bothering to look back.

"I'm Christian." He said. I turned around, rather than being an ignorant bitch. "Nice to meet you." 

"You too." He seems kind. 

"Just give me a shout if you need anything, aight?" I nodded, smiling, before wandering into mine and Jason's bedroom. I lay down on the bed and sighed, deciding to flick on the TV. I left it on a random movie, not really caring. Soon into the movie my eyes became droopy, before I fell into a deep sleep.