Chapter Sixteen

We arrived back at the place that was all too familiar to me. Cara was still knocked out cold, so Jason decided he would just drag her in. He opened the door and pushed me in first, trailing Cara in behind. 

"Sit there and stay there." Jason ordered sternly pointing to the couch in the living room, leaving upstairs with Cara. I did as I was told, and waited for him to come back down. "You want something to eat?" He yelled through.

"I'm fine." I muttered back. I felt as if I had escaped from hell to go back there- like the last six months were just totally pointless. 

"Fine." Jason scoffed slightly, returning with a red bull and some chips. The only sound to be heard was Jason scoffing on his chips as we watched the latest Toronto Maple Leafs' game. I sighed, bored already. "What?" Jason asked me, a mouth full of food. I shook my head. "Just tell me, don't piss me off." Jason warned me. 

"A lot of stuff right now." I muttered back, fiddling with my fingers and looking down into my lap. "Jason why did you take Cara?"

"She pissed me off." He muttered. 

"Let her go." I suggested, but he shook his head.

"No." He replied simply. 

"Please Jason?" 

"No." He repeated.

"Jason.." I whined. 

"She'll snitch." I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. Then, Jason's face lit up like a light bulb. "I got an idea, hold on." He placed his chips on the coffee table and jogged up the stairs, taking two at a time. Not too long after, I saw two pairs of feet walking down the stairs. Cara followed Jason, with a petrified look. She looked at me; I'd never seen her so scared in my life! She came into the room and sat down, as Jason called someone in the kitchen.

"What's happening?" I asked her, hugging her immediately. 

"He's letting me go, but he threatened me not to tell anyone. He's calling some guy to come and take me back to LA. I'm so sorry, I asked him to let you go too but he wouldn't." She cried, immediately bursting into uncontrolable sobs. I hugged her once more, just as Jason walked into the room.

"Get going." He demanded to Cara, pulling her up by the hair and pushing her out of the room where a tall guy awaited her. Jason watched until she was gone. "All your stuff is still here, there's two cases in the closet. Get packing." I grabbed Jason's arm just before he left.

"Why? Where are we going?" 

"Away from here." He muttered, leaving upstairs with me following him. 

About an hour later, I had packed everything I owned. Jason soon entered the room.

"Are you fucking done yet?!" He was mad.. Oh dear. I gulped and nodded, trailing one suitcase out whilst Jason got the other one. He threw mine and his suitcases in the back of the car, and we set off to wherever we were going. 

I was awoken by someone shaking me. 

"Huh? What?" I muttered, before realising I was still in Jason's car. 

"C'mon." He ordered me. I looked out the window and saw that we were at a motel. There was only a few cars here, the place looked deserted. I followed Jason in where we were met by an old lady who was at reception.

"May I help you?" She asked. Her voice was bitter and cold. 

"We need a room." Jason replied, immediately getting out his wallet.

"How many nights?"

"Just tonight."

"How many people?" Jason rolled his eyes.

"Two." He said, because it was obvious. She nodded.

"$40 please." Jason handed her some cash as she gave him the room key. He snatched it from her and rushed along the corridor, as I tried to keep up with him.