Chapter Thirty

I was lying on the sand, trying to catch a tan, when I felt cold water being poured on me. I gasped and opened my eyes, sitting up immediately.

"Jason!" I yelled, slapping his chest. He chuckled and smirked, grabbing my hands. 

"Tanning is boring." He stated simply, "Lets go in the sea." He tried to pull me up but failed miserably 

"Jason I want a tan." I muttered, laying back down. 

"Do I seriously have to pour more water on you?" I groaned.

"Just let me tan." 

"Just come in the water."  

"Jason, let me tan." 

"Marissa, come in the sea." He wasn't giving up was he? Eventually, I gave in and stood up, following him as we walked towards the waves that were crashing on the shoreline. Without hesitation, Jason dived into one of the waves, as I walked in behind him. The water was cold, sending a chill up my spine. "Just jump in." Jason said, swimming closer towards me. I shook my head.

"It's cold." I whined. Jason sighed and stood up, running towards me. My immediate instincts told me to run away, so I did. I was almost back to where our towels were when Jason scooped me up into his arms, and started walking back to the water. "Jason please, the water was freezing." I begged and pleaded. Before long, Jason was walking into the water, getting ready to drop me into it. I looked at him and made the best puppy face I could, but it wasn't good enough. I screamed as the cold water came in contact with my back, before rising up to the surface once more. "I hate you." I muttered. Jason just chuckled. I pouted again and splashed the water into his face, earning a gasp in repsonse. I giggled and swam away as fast as I could, looking back every few seconds to see how close Jason was to catching me. Suddenly, his hand wrapped around my ankle and pulled me back, enabling me from swimming any further. He started splashing me frantically, so I did the same. 

"Okay stop, stop." Jason said, laughing a little as the splashing died down. When I didn't stop, he pulled me into his chest so I couldn't. For the first time, I seemed to get lost in his eyes. He started to lean in, and I couldn't help but do the same. Sparks flew as our lips connected. I pulled away, trying to come to terms with what just happened. "You have no idea how long i've been waiting to do that." Jason told me, his forhead resting against mine. I smiled, feeling a blush creep up onto my cheeks. 

"Seriously?" Jason nodded. 

"Marissa, will you go out with me?" Jason asked. 

"A date?" I asked, earning another nod from Jason.  I smiled and nodded without hesitation. "I'd love to Jase." Jason smiled and kissed me once more. "Now can I go tan?" I asked after pulling away. Jason chuckled and nodded. 

"Sure."