Chapter Forty Two

We've been in New York for over a week now, and there's been no word from Jason or any of the other gang members. I'm worried. What if something's happened to Jason? I sighed, watching over New York. It was night time, and the city was lit up with fluorescent lights which you could see from miles away. As amazing as the view was, it couldn't distract me from worrying about Jason. I looked down and saw cars driving in and out of the hotel frequently- this was one of the most popular hotels in New York. I could see Christians reflection behind me in the window. 

"Have you heard anything yet?" I asked him, not even bothering to turn around. 

"Not yet. Marissa, stop worrying. You know Jason, he's going to be fine." I sighed, knowing he was true, but there was still something in the back of my mind making me worried. 

"Can you call him?" 

"He's going to be fine." He said. Faintly, I heard his footsteps walking away before I was once again left alone. I yawned, before standing up and deciding to head to sleep. I trailed upstairs, but immediately I stopped when I heard what sounded like a door slamming shut downstairs. Wearily, I crept down the stairs, looking carefully. I turned to look in the kitchen, when suddenly I was swept up off my feet and into somebody's arms, making me scream. 

"It's just me babygirl." I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear. I sighed of relief, finally being able to know that Jason was ok. He put my down as I hugged him tightly. 

"I'm so glad you're ok." I admitted.  

"I'm Jason McCann babe, don't worry I can protect myself." He joked. Just as he said that, the guys came running down the stairs. 

"What's the matter?!" Christian yelled, then he saw Jason. 

"He scared me." I pouted, earning a chuckle from Jason. 

"You seriously made us all jump out of bed for that?" He groaned. "Ugh, I'm going to sleep." He said as he trailed up the stairs, Nathan and Drew following behind him. 

"I've been so worried about you." I admitted to Jason. "When Christian said you hadn't called or anything I started to get really worried." 

"There was no need. We took care of everything. Danny is gone." Jason said. "You're safe babygirl." He added. I kissed him smiling. "I love you so much." He said. 

"I love you too." I replied, kissing him once more. "Can we go to bed? I'm tired." Jason chuckled and nodded, picking me up bridal style before jogging up the stairs and into what I'm guessing was the master bedroom. He placed me down on the bed. 

"I'm going in the shower." He said, taking a quick shower before joining me back in bed. "Goodnight baby." Jason said, kissing my forehead as I snuggled into him.

"Night." I replied, shutting my eyes and letting myself fall into a deep sleep. 

---

I couldn't help but smile when I stepped off the plane. Jason kept his promise, and we were back in LA so that I could see Cara. Our driver loaded our luggage into the car, before getting in and driving us back to my old house. When we arrived, nothing at all had changed. The house looked the same from the outside, although the outdoor plants were dying from not being watered for so long. Jason placed on his snapback and shades before getting out, wheeling our bags into the house. Jason says that he has to stay hidden, because from his previous experiences in LA if the cops find him then he'll be locked up and behind bars within hours. 

"Where does Cara live?" He asked me. 

"Just a few streets away, do you think I should walk there or just call her over?" 

"I think you should call her over. If anyone sees you then they're going to report it aren't they?" He stated making me seem dumb. I nodded and took out the phone Jason bought me a few months back, dialling her number. It rang for a while, but then she finally answered. 

"Hello? Who is this?" She said politely. 
"Cara." I said, and immediately she recognised my voice. 
"MARISSA!" She yelled, causing me to pull the phone away from my ear and Jason to chuckle. "Oh my goodness, are you okay?! Where are you?!" She bombarded me with questions. 
"I'm fine." I giggled. "Can you come over? I'm at my house, but don't say anything to anyone!" I managed to blurt in. 
"Of course, I'm coming over right now." She said, before hanging up. I sighed, turning around to Jason. Obviously, we have to tell her that we're dating and we both know that. 

"How do you think she'll take it?" Jason asked. I pursed my lips to the side.

"Honestly?" Jason nodded. "Not well." I finished, sighing slightly.