Chapter Two

As I was walking home, I passed an alley-way. I couldn't help but look in. That's when I saw Jason and his friends leaning against the wall smoking. I quickly snapped my head away and pretended I didn't see anything but Jason, of course, saw me and began chasing after me. 

  "Hey sexy." He smirked.   

"Jason will you just leave me alone?!" I snapped. He chuckled as his friends started to gather behind him.   

"No can do sweetheart." I rolled my eyes and spun around on my heels before feeling Jason grip onto my wrist harshly.

    "Hey!" I said trying to pull my arm away. "Get off me!" I demanded, trying to pry my wrist out of his strong grip. 

  "Don't you dare fucking roll your eyes at me!" He yelled. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, making me scrunch up my nose. 

  "Okay!" I snapped back with attitude, quickly yanking my wrist away. I looked at him one last time before spinning around and continuing down the street.     

  I jumped from the tree onto my balcony and slid through the doors, shutting them quietly behind me. I sighed heavily and turned around, seeing my mom and sister glaring at me angrily.    "Marissa Mariee where have you been!?" My mom asked, using my full name.

  "Out.." I trailed, heading into my bathroom.
  "She's obviously been to a party mom. Look at how she's dressed." Sarah stated. Oh and that's one more thing about her, she kisses my mother's ass. 

  "Shut the fuck up, dumb slut." I spat back at her, making her and my mom gasp.  

"Marissa! How dare you talk to your sister in such a way!" My mother gasped, horrified. I rolled my eyes and kicked off my shoes. 

  "I'll talk to her however I want!" I snapped. "She needs someone who doesn't just constantly kiss her ass!" I yelled, more to my mother than my sister.  

"That's it! You're grounded for a month! No exceptions!" My mother yelled before storming out the room. My sister smirked at me, before following her out, over-swaying her ass, making me cringe. 
    I slipped out of my party outfit and into my pajamas. I pulled the covers up to my chin, pushing my head into my pillow. I closed my eyes before finally falling into a deep slumber.

---

"MARISSA, GET OUT OF BED. YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" My mother screamed, making me flinch and wake up. I looked towards the clock I had on my bedside table, realizing that it was 7 o'clock. I groaned and pushed the covers back, slipping out of my warm and comfortable bed. I headed straight for my bathroom, turning on the shower and allowing it to heat up. Once it was at the right temperature, I stepped in, allowing the warm water to immediately relax me. I poured some of my coconut scented shampoo onto my hands before massaging it into my head and then doing the same with my conditioner. I used my lime-scented body wash before finally turning off the water. 

  I pulled back the shower curtain, the cooling breeze hitting me and giving me goosebumps. I quickly snatched my towel from the railing and wrapped it tightly around my body. I squeezed some toothpaste onto my toothbrush and brushed my teeth.   

I checked the time as I came out of the bathroom, 7:40. I still have plenty of time. I grabbed my hair dryer from my dresser and plugged it into a socket, drying my hair as fast as I could. I put on clean undergarments before slipping into my outfit & leaving my hair in its natural curl, keeping my make-up natural. I put the things I may need into my bag and flung it over my shoulder before heading out of my room and downstairs.   

"Honey I've ran out of pancake mix." My mom said as my sister was devouring about 20 pancakes.    "Shame." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. My mother sighed and pursed her lips at me.    "Your attitude is awful Marissa." I shrugged my shoulders.

   "Let's face it mother, you only think my attitude is bad because she kisses your ass." I said, pointing to my sister. "Bye!" I yelled cheerfully before slamming the door behind me.    I walked down the driveway, gripping slightly onto the straps of my bag, and began walking to school.   

"Hey bitch!" Someone yelled as I was shutting my locker. I turned around and saw Cara smirking at me.   

  "I have all of my lessons with Alicia and Jane today." I groaned, making her laugh at me.    "Unlucky. But you have Cody right?" I rolled my eyes just hearing his name.   

"Unfortunately. I'm going to break up with him." I said and began walking towards Math.   

"What!?" Cara exclaimed, horrified. "I thought you two were crazy for each other?" She asked.   

"He's a jerk." I replied. "See you at lunch." I said walking into my classroom, not giving her a chance to reply.