Chapter Thirty Six

The silence thickened the air around us, creating an awkward tension. We'd been sitting like this for a while now. Suddenly, Jason stood up and left the house, slamming the door behind him. Where is he going? I stood up and opened the blinds, watching as he reversed out of the driveway and sped down the deserted road. I sighed, standing up and heading upstairs. Leaving my iPad in mine and Jason's room, I slipped into a bikini and headed to the heated jacuzzi to relax. I switched on the bubbles, getting in and allowing the warm water to take over my body. Instantly, I was relaxed. My head was leaning against the side, as I stared outside, taking in the gorgeous view of the ocean. 

*3 Hours Later*

A loud slam of a door caused my head to snap up. Walking out of the cinema room, I headed downstairs to find Jason. He was pissed, and high. You could tell from a mile off. 

"MARISSA!" Jason screamed, making me rush down the rest of the stairs.

"Jason, where have you been?" I said, trying to sound sincere. I don't want to anger him, especially not when he's in this state.

"NON OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!" He yelled. "Make me some food." He ordered, stumbling into the living room. 

"What do you want?" 

"JUST MAKE THE GOD DAMN FOOD BITCH!" He snapped, shooting me a death glare. I nodded and quickly rushed over to the fridge, pulling out the things I would need to make him Bacon Carbonara. As fast as I could, I made it, rushing and handing it to Jason. He took a look at it, playing around with the pasta.

"Is that okay?" My voice was quiet. 

"Yeah." He muttered, and began to eat. I nodded and left the room. I'll just skip dinner, I'm not hungry anyway. I was halfway up the stairs when I recieved another call from Jason. 

"Yes?" I shouted back.

"Beer, now!" He demanded. 

"Jase you didn't buy any today." I replied, knowing that he hadn't. I heard the sound of a bowl crashing against the floor, before Jason angrily stormed out of the living room. 

"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU?!" He screamed in my face, grabbing my by the collar as he pinned me down to the stairs. 

"Y-You said you didn't-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP I KNOW WHAT I SAID." His hand connected with my cheek, sending it flying to the left. "GO GET ME SOME!" 

"Jason I don't know where anything is." I replied, fearing for my life right now. I cried in pain as he pushed me against the wall, soon throwing me to the floor. Tears were slipping uncontrollably out of my eyes. 

"FIND SOME!" He kicked me, tripping up the stairs and muttering incoherent words. I stumbled to my feet, rushing out of the door and grabbing Jason's car keys in the process. After driving down the road for a few minutes, I found a supermarket. Sighing of relief, I bought Jason some beer and headed home, petrified for what was about to me. Silently, I shut the door behind me, shouting Jason's name even although my voice was threatening to crack. He rushed down the stairs and grabbed the beer from me, not even considering to say thank you. 

"You're welcome." I muttered, thinking and hoping he didn't hear me. 

"WHAT?!" He screamed, turning abruptly on his heels. I froze, unable to say anything or move. Within seconds, Jason's hands were wrapped around my throat and he was slowly cutting of the oxygen supply.

"S-Stop." I begged, doing everything I could to get his hands from my throat. He dug harder, stopping me breathing all together. Seconds later, he dropped my body to the floor, kicking me in the face and ribs a few times, heading into the living room with his beer. The room was spinning, and I felt light headed. Somehow I managed to struggle upstairs and into one of the guest rooms, slamming and locking the door shut behind me. I slid down, hugging my knees to my chest, eventually crying myself to sleep. 

---

I woke up on the floor, my body aching. Groaning, I stood up, heading to the bathroom. I gasped, horrified at my reflection. There was a huge handprint down my face, a small bruise forming there also. It took a lot of courage for me to go downstairs, where Jason was playing his Xbox. When he saw me, he smiled, oblivious to anything that happened last nice. His face turned to a one of shock when he saw my face.

"What the hell happened to you?!" He asked, dropping his controller and closely examining my face.

"It was you, Jason." I muttered, feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"What?"

"You came home pissed and high and you beat me!" I shouted. 

"I'm so sorry-"

"I don't want your apologies, I'm done with you!" I said, rushing away.