Chapter Twenty

One Week Later

I stared out the window of our living room as Jason watched sports. The beach looked beautiful as usual, but Jason had made it clear to me the past week I have been here that I cannot go out on the beach, under any circumstances, or leave the house without him by my side. It sucks. At first I thought Jason was going to lay off, and it was going to be a sort of permanant vacation here. I've never been so wrong in my life. I feel like Jason's slave. I have to do everything he says or i'll get 'punished,' and everyday he threatens to kill me. 

I let out an almost silent sigh of frustration before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Jason snapped at me, seconds before I was about to tell him where I was. 

"Jacuzzi." I mumbled, leaving the room. After changing into a bikini, I wrapped the towel around my body tightly and headed back downstairs. Jason hadn't moved from his spot.. Until I passed by. 

"Marissa. Come here." He ordered me once more. I rolled my eyes and took a few steps back, so I could see him.

"You know I can see you there right?" I nodded my head. "So therefore you won't try to escape-"

"Because you'll just come after me." I cut him off. He smirked cockily and nodded, making me sigh as I walked away. Why does he have to be such a prick?

My body seemed to completely relax under the hot water of the jacuzzi. It was like heaven to the bruises and cuts I have- thanks to Jason. I swear that only ten minutes had passed when Jason came out.

"Get back inside, you've been out here for long enough." I groaned under my breath, and rolled my eyes. "Did you just fucking roll your eyes at me?!" Jason spat. I shook my head as I picked up my towel. 

"No, why?" I asked, keeping calm. Jason scoffed.

"Get inside." 

---

I came back downstairs in some sweats and a hoodie. Jason scoffed when he saw me. Prick. I chose to ignore his remark and instead continued to the kitchen. I was starving, its been a day since I last ate. I made myself something yesterday, but Jason ate it. Ugh, I hate him so much I can't even explain. In the end, I made myself some macaroni cheese. It wasn't the best, but I'd prefer to eat than not. Jason came in just as I was finishing up my last bite. He gave me a glare. 

"Did I say you could eat that?" 

"Jason I haven't ate anything for almost two days." I informed him. 

"You could fucking starve for all I care!" He yelled, grabbing me by the collar and shoving me against the wall. He began screaming and yelling stuff at me, but I became light-headed quickly. My vision got blurred, and I began to see four Jason's in front of me. I struggled to breathe, he was choaking me. I used the one and only defense mechanism I had, and kneed him where the sun don't shine. As he doubled over in pain, I used that chance to push him away and run out of the house. I wasn't trying to escape, but I knew he was going to 'punish' me, whether that be a kick, punch, slap.. Or something worse. "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" Jason screamed. I gasped and began running faster, but it wasn't long before I saw Jason running behind me. I turned around, and saw him just metres from me. He grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back, putting a stop to my running immediately. I yelped in pain the minute he yanked my hair back. As I turned around, I wasn't prepared for the impact I was about to face. Jason punched me, hard, and I mean hard. I fell to the floor, the whole of the right side of my face immediately in agonising pain. However, that wasn't the end. I took a few more kicks to the head and ribs, before Jason knocked me out cold.