Chapter 10

LIYLA'S POV

My parents left early in the morning because they had some important meeting so I'm just rest in peace without my mom jumping into my room. I'm only going rest for 5 minutes then I'll getting up.

Half Hour Later.

I opened my eyes and looked at the time.

7:50 a.m.

"Oh its only 7:50." I mumbled and closed my eyes.

"7:50!" I screamed, jumping out of my bed like a ninja.

I ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth really fast. Then ran into my closet for an outfit.

"Not again!" I cried out as I threw on a black top, skinny jeans, sneakers, and a jacket. I pushed my hair into a bun, not bothering to comb it.

I ran downstairs and out the door. I practically ran to school, stopping every minute to breath. I really need to start exercising.

I reached the school and around until I managed to find a door open in the back.

"I'm here!" I sighed in relief and collapsed on the floor.

"Mother lover." I cursed as I realized that even though I was here, I forgot my school bag at home.

Lunch Time.

Gosh I felt so exhausted and sleepy. Why did I even come to school? Maybe to see Preston.

At the thought of him, I brightened up and walked to the cafeteria.

I opened the double doors and entered the noisy cafeteria. I saw Bruce and Lexi at the table, but no sign of Preston.

"Hey guys. Have you seen Preston?" I said, sitting down next to Lexi.

"Nope." She said, hugging me.

"How was your day?" Bruce asked, handing me my lunch.

Bruce thought I shouldn't have to stand in the line for my food so he made it his propriety to get it for me.

"Thank you and it was exhausting. I woke up late and practically ran to school and I didn't even bring my bag. Can you believe that!" I complained,

"I would love to see you running." Lexi said laughing,

"Shut up." I pouted,

We spent the rest of the lunch talking and laughing. When we finished, we walked around the halls hoping to see Preston.

"Hey, isn't that Preston." Lexi said, pointing ahead.

I brightened up to his name and eagerly looked up to see him making out with the same girl that told me to stay away from him.

My smile disappeared and I felt my heart tighten. I saw everything go in slow motion. He gazed up and looked at me. I looked at the girl and she was smirking evilly at me. I looked back at him and he had a broken and guilty expression. I looked away and ran off in the other direction away from them.

I heard Bruce and Lexi call my name, but I ignored them and ran out the school. I looked to my right to the woods. I ran in hoping they won't find me there.

I didn't stop running, I just kept going, speeding up everytime I felt myself tear up. I need a cold shower, but I couldn't because I wasn't home so I used the next best thing. I ran until I felt my legs ached and my lungs beg for air. I stumbled and tripped as I ran, but didn't stop.

What was I thinking? Its not like he's my boyfriend. We made no commitment. So why am i still running. I tried to stop, but couldn't well that was until I tripped over a root sprouting from the ground.

I fell onto the dirty ground and felt all kinds of pains run through my body all at once.

Tears finally came down like heavy rain and a sob escaped my lips. I felt like I couldn't breathe.
It was like I was paralyzed.

My vision started to darken and I didn't bother to try to breathe.

I felt myself being picked up and leaned against something hard. It smelled good and exotic. I curled up closer to it and felt comfortable with its warmth.

Maybe it's a bear. Hopefully this bear takes me away from Preston.

I think this is like the most heart breaking chapter other than the one that I wrote in 'The Mafia's Lover'. I felt like my own heart broke to this. And yes I know it's kinda short.