Chapter 2

PRESTON'S POV

"I can't believe my dad would do this to me!" I furiously thought to myself as I stormed down the hallway away from the conference room in the school.

I worked so fucking hard to become the next Alpha and all of a sudden, I need a fucking mate! I mean don't get me wrong, I want a mate its just I haven't found her yet.

I stormed down the hall with my annoying ass brother who tried to calm me down, but I ignored him.

I was so angry that I didn't see a girl walking and bumped into her.

She fell down to the floor on her ass.

I stared at her for moment. She was pretty, but that didn't matter to me at the moment. She was just like every other eye candy in this fucking school.

"Watch where your going." I snapped, glaring at her.

I walked around her and left. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ryder stop to help her, making me roll my eyes.

I left the school grounds and ran into the woods. Without wasting a second, I shifted into my big all black wolf and went for a run.

My wolf, Colton took complete control and I just let him. I was too tired and angry to fight with him and just let him run free.

I watched as Colton speed through the forest and ran into an open meadow. In the distance I saw a big elm tree and I ran towards it and layed down.

Elm trees were known to be very rare and very wise. I stared at the branches and leaves. They look very fascinating as I rolled onto my back and watched them shake in the breeze.

My mind wondered to the girl that I bumped into in the hall. In that short moment that I saw her, I saw how gorgeous she was. I noticed her long brown hair and big brown eyes. Very gorgeous indeed.

Something was nagging me, telling I was missing something, but I shook it off as sleep overcame me as I thought about her and in no time I fell asleep under the elm tree with the girl on my mind.

1 Hour and 30 Minutes Later.

'Preston!!'

'Huh? Who, What!?' I thought waking up still my wolf form.

'Preston its me, Tristan. Where the hell are you man. You missed the first part if school, its already lunch time.' My best friend, Tristan mindlinked me.

'Oh uh, Ok. I'm on my way.' I replied then sat up and looked around.

I was still under the elm tree and when I looked up, the sun was shining in the middle of the sky.

'Hmm, guess I fell asleep.' I thought to myself.

I walked across the meadow, towards the woods and then ran off to school.

By the time I reached the school grounds, lunch was half done already. I walked into a shed that was behind the school with clothes for wolves that shifted and wanted to go for a run.

I put on a grey v neck, black jeans, and black converses that I took from a special bag I marked and kept in the cabinet apart from everyone else's own.

I walked into the school building calmer than before and walked to the cafeteria.

All of a sudden this delicious mouthwatering scent hit me like a wrecking ball. It smelt like coconut and vanilla mixed with a hint of sugar. I followed the scent which led to the cafeteria.

I pushed the doors open and searched for the wonderful scent. My eyes landed on the far dark corner where my brother, Ryder was sitting with the same girl I bumped into this morning.

"MATE!" Colton growled and was jumping and howling for joy.

My eyes turned a darker shade of blue as I walked fast toward their table, but stopped when I reached the table and stared at the beauty in front of me.

"Umm... Hey Preston, this is my friend Layla." Ryder said, staring at me confused and surprised to see me.

"Layla, that's the most beautiful name my ears have ever heard." Colton said love struck.

"Layla." I said, testing out her name on my lips.

"Nice to meet you, Layla. My name Preston." I said smiling.

"Umm, hey, nice to meet you even though you rudely bumped into me this morning." She said, mumbling the last part.

I realized that I was rude and mean to her so I immediately apologized for my behavior.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for bumping into you this morning and didn't say sorry. I was in a bad mood." I said,

"Yeah, OK, I forgive you." She said, staring at me intently.

She turned away from me and drank her soda.

I frowned, upset that she didn't seem the slightest interested in me. Taking a seat beside her and mind-linked Ryder.

"What the fuck are thousands doing with my mate?" I demanded, glaring at him.

"Ooooh! So that's what's up." He replied suddenly smirking at me, making me slightly shake with anger.

"Stop fucking playing Ryder. You know how important this mate bond thing is to me." I snapped,

He narrowed his eyes at me and rolled his eyes.

"It's only important to you because you want to become Alpha." He replied,

I lowly growled, balling my fist ready to teach my little brother a lesson when Layla suddenly shifted beside of me.

Her side grazed mine, making me feel an explosion of feelings and sensations.

She must have felt it too because she froze and slowly looked up at me.

Our eyes met with such a heated gaze and I fought myself from grabbing her and slamming my lips against hers.

She was perfect to me. She had soft looking brown hair, big starry brown eyes that hid behind her glasses, she was short, but had a slightly bigger than average bust and butt. She had thick thighs, but it made her look juicy and her skin was a slightly dark olive tone. I was truly blessed with a goddess-like mate.

She noticed me checking her out and she tried to hide herself away from me.

Just as we were slowly leaning into each other, trapped in the sizzling connection between us, the bell abruptly cut it off, pulling us back.

Cursing colorful profanity under my breath, I watched as she got up and mumbled a "goodbye" to me before walking away with Ryder.

I needed her and I was going to get her.