Chapter 28

COLTON'S POV

I looked down as Liyla slept on top of me. She was so soft and innocent and I just wanted her all to myself.

I let out a breath as I carefully got up from the tub with her kn my arms.

She squirmed a bit, but thankfully didn't wake up.

I walked us out of the bathroom and into the room where I laid her down on the bedroom. I quickly retrieved a towel from the bathroom and began to dry her body.

She softly moaned in her sleep as shifted.

I lightly chuckled as I dried her legs and thighs.

I knew when she woke up arhat she would be sore which made me pleased.

"Colton, you have been out for too long. let me out!" Preston's voice rang out in my head.

"No, when you learn to love your mate and appreciate her, then you'll come out." I growled at him and blocked our connection before he could reply.

I was furious with him for being tricked by that Nadiyah. I knew that she wasn't my mate, but Preston didn't want to listen to me. It serves him right. Now he won't see his mate until he learns.

I finally finished drying Liyla and began to dry myself. afterwards, I slipped into a pair of boxers and retrieved a large short of mine and slipped into Liyla.

As I lifted her up and laid her down at the top of the bed, someone knocked on my door.

I opened it to see Ryder standing there.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed,

"Is Liyla around? I want to hang out with her today." He asked, rocking back on his heels with his hands in his pockets.

"She's sleeping, now scram." I growled at him.

"Ah, Colton." Ryder said, realizing it was me and not Preston.

"Well, please tell Liyla I said hi." Ryder said and walked away to his room.

I shut the door and walked back to the bed. Slipping under the covers, I pulled Liyla's body close to mine.

"Who was that?" She asked sleepily,

"Just Ryder." I grumbled, tightening my arms around her.

She lightly chuckled and rested her head on my chest.

"He says hi." I said, looking at her.

She mumbled something that clearly wasn't English and fell back asleep.

I smiled as I too fell asleep with her in my arms.

Hey! I just wanted to post this little chapter in Colton's point of view.

From now on Colton is going to be on the surface instead of Preston, but no worries Preston will be there... somewhere deep in their mind watching everything.

Well, BYE!!!😃