Chapter 20

PRESTON'S POV

I watched as Liyla slept at my side with her sweet plum arms around my waist and her chubby cheek pressed against my chest.

I smiled at the beautiful sight of my mate and pulled her even closer to me.

"Preston, I need you in my office now." My dad mind-linked me and I internally groaned.

"I'm kind of busy at the moment." I linked back to him.

"I know you mated with Liyla. Now get your ass here right now. It's only for a few minutes." He said,

I fought the urge to retort something back to him because it would be stupid and immature.

"Fine." I said and cut off the link.

I eased Liyla out of my arms and froze when she turned to her side.

I pulled on the pair of sweatpants that I had on and walked to my dad's office.

I knocked on the door before entering. My dad was sitting at his desk and didn't bother raising his head as he instructed me to sit down.

I took a seat in front of his big dark brown desk.

"So what was so important that you had to call me." I asked a bit irritated that I couldn't be with Liyla at the moment.

"The council wants to meet tomorrow." My dad said and I froze.

We haven't even come up with a plan and they wanted to meet so soon.

"Ok, so what are we gonna do?" I asked, leaning forward.

"Well, we will meet with them, but just the two of us. You will not tell Liyla, your mother or anyone for the matter. We have to keep this meeting a secret." He said and I nodded my head.

I much rather not tell Liyla so she wouldn't worry and mom, she would freak out and go nuts.

"Five of our men will be accompanying us." My dad added,

"Ok so we meet with them, we hear whatever shit they want to say, and if it really sounds like shit we attack them." I stated,

"No, well yes. I mean yes and no. We can't attack the council. They are far to strong for us." He said, shaking his head.

"We got to come up with a smart plan." He said,

I leaned back as we began to come up with strategies.

~~~~~~

LILYA'S POV

I woke up to a nice masculine smell.

I smiled as I inhaled more of the scent and I pulled the sheets closer to me and tried to fall back to sleep.

I pulled my legs up and winced in pain. I slowly sat up and the sheets fell off my body. Blushing and suddenly remember everything and pulled the blanket up.

I looked around Preston's room wondering where he was. I got off the bed with wobbly legs and thanked God for not falling.

Walking over to a drawer, I pulled out a large white shirt and it went to my knees.

I slowly walked out the room to find the hall way empty.

I walked down the stairs and was met with a delightful smell that was coming from the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen, I found Nicole cooking by the stove.

"Hello." I said loud enough for her to hear.

She looked up and her green eyes shined with excitement.