Chapter 29

LIYLA'S POV

I stood over Amelia as she slept.

Today I was going to bring Alesso to the pack house.

Colton and a few guards was going to come with me to make sure I was safe.

"Sweetie, it's time to go." Nicole said from standing from doorway.

"Ok." I said, offering her a smile.

She walked away and I turned back to look at my baby.

"I'll be back soon." I whispered and stroked her forehead.

Lilly, one of the pack members who was watching Amelia enteredthe room.

"Colton is calling for you, Luna." She said,

"Yeah, ok. Take care of her." I said,

"Of course." Lilly responded,

I walked out the room and slipped into my long coat that I had when I first came.

Colton and four other guards were waiting outside for me.

Colton smiled at me as I walked over to him.

"Are you ready?" He asked, holding my face gently in his hands.

I nodded my head as he wrapped his arms around me.

"How's Preston?" I asked,

"He's upset. He doesn't agree with us in bringing the witch here." Colton said, rubbing my back.

I nodded my head and looked up at him.

Preston's feature was slowly changing.

His hair was turning dirty blonde and his eyes were stuck on black. It was as if the longer Colton stayed out, the more control Colton had over their body.

He was wearing a tight white t-shirt that hugged his muscles, camouflage pants, and black combat boots. His hair was messy and all over his face.

I turned to look at two of the guards as they turned into their wolf forms. Two of them would shift into their wolf forms and the other two would stay human.

"Let's go." Colton commanded we walked into the woods.

I lead the way next to Colton. He told me when we got to the border that I will use my memory to find the cabin.

We spent hours walking in snow and luckily I wasn't cold since Colton was warming me with his body heat.

"Every time I look at you, you remind me of chocolate. I have to keep reminding myself not to eat you." Colton growled in my ear, making me blush.

"Should I be worried?" I asked, looking up at him.

His eyes were glowing and his canines had extended a fraction.

"Maybe." He said and softly nibbled on my neck.

I softly giggled and tried to pull away from him, but his arms were firmly wrapped around my waist.

"Colton, what's up with you?" I asked, trying to stay away from his sharp teeth.

"I need to mark you." He mumbled against my skin.

"You can't right now." I whispered,

"And why not?" He demanded,

"The guards." I mumbled,

"Like hell that's going to stop me." He growled and picked me up bridal style.

I squealed in surprise as my tail moved around.