Chapter 16

LIYLA'S POV

I sighed as I dropped down onto my bed. After leaving the pack house, I decided to go to the library and read something to distract my mind.

I really wasn't in the mood to talk to my parents. I felt so sad and I've felt like this ever since a I told Preston that I don't want to be his mate. I could've probably handled that better, but on the other hand, I could isolate myself from everyone else. Isolating myself sounds like a better choice than the handling the problem.

I turned as moments of me and Preston together.

Memory.

"Please! Pretty please!! With strawberries on top!" I begged Preston.

"Only because I like you and you're very special to me." He said pulling me inbetween his legs.

I smiled as I cuddled closer to his warm body. Preston blushed, but cleared his throats and began to sing. Listen intently, I enjoyed it and clapped when he finished.

"You have the most beautiful voice ever." I said,

"It means a lot coming from you." He said, pulling me closer and nuzzled my neck.

"Why don't you sing in front of other people?" I asked, curiously,

"My voice is something that I can keep to myself and not have to prove myself or boast about. Only a handful of people know that I can sing and they barely ever hear me sing." He said,

"I feel so special." I said, blushing.

"That's because you are and you're the only one who can hear me sing whenever you want." He said, kissing my cheek.

I smiled and loved the feeling of his strong arms around me.

I felt the hot tears stream down my face and I let them. Getting up, I went and took a quick shower, changing into some some long black pajama pants big T-shirt afterwards.

I crawled back into my bed and slept a restless sleep.

Morning.

I woke up with tired and sleepy eyes. I slowly got out of bed and walked to my bathroom.

To say that I looked terrible was an understatement. My hair was lifeless and dull, my eyes were red and puffy, I looked pale for my slightly dark skin color and I had a headache from crying.

I took off my clothes and got into the shower. I stood there under the water, thinking of nothing. My mind was completely empty. No thoughts or words came to mind and if I tried to made my headache worse. I spent like half an hour under the water, knowing there was a big chance of me being late to school and at this point, I could care less about school right now.

I finally got out the shower and slowly dried myself dry. I walked into my closet and pulled out some seat pants, black t-shirt, socks, Nike sandals, and a black beanie. I put on my clothes and ran my hand Through my hair, but didn't bother to comb it and threw the beanie on top of it even though it looked terrible and tangled in the bottom.

I grabbed my bag and walked out my room.

I heard my mom and dad in the kitchen, but I still didn't want to see them so I walked out the front door knowing that I was gonna be REALLY late.

I put in my headphones and connected them to my iPod and listened to "That's What You Get When You let Your Heart Win By: Paramore."

I finally reached school and saw that I reached at 9:50. Oh well.

I didn't bother take my headphones and just walked to class and sat in the far back in a corner away from Ryder.

The rest of my morning class felt like hours, but finally it was now lunch.

I went straight to the library and sat in a dark corner where there was a soft arm chair.

I took off my sandals and pulled my feet up and closed my eyes.

Bell Rings.

The stupid bell woke me up. I sat up and rubbed the sleep off my eyes. I turned my head to the side and a shot of pain ran through my neck.

"Damn, that hurt." I groaned and rubbed my neck.

I got up and picked up my bag. I waited five minutes before walking out the library.

The hall was empty so I walked peacefully to my class. At least I didn't see Preston.