Chapter 18

LIYLA'S POV

We finally left the cabin, We were both silent the entire ride making it awkward. We parked at the pack house and went inside.

It was quiet and there weren't many people here. Preston seemed concerned and guided me to his office.

When we reached there our parents and Ryder were there and they looked worried and nervous.

"Hello." I said and they all looked at me with concern.

"What's going on?" Preston asked as we sat on the couch with them.

"The council called a meeting with your father and I." Nicole said, folding and unfolding her fingers.

"About what?" Preston asked,

Nicole looked hesitant and glanced over to Michael. He sighed and embraced Nicole.

"They don't want Liyla to be Luna and your mate." He said,

I was speechless. Who is the council, wait I know that answer. The question is why they don't want me being Luna and Preston's mate. Not, I've decided to do that just yet.

I looked at Preston and saw that he was fighting his wolf. I grabbed his hand and stroked it hoping to calm him down.

"Why?" Preston asked in a tight voice.

"They say that humans mates are making wolves weak. They think alphas are turning weak because of their human mates so they are trying to stop it. Since you're an alpha and Liyla is a human and both of you are young, they're starting with the both of you." He explained,

"Well this is bullshit because I just promised to win Liyla back." He growled,

"It's sad and unfortunate, I know, but since they know we'll obviously put up a fight, so they're taking matters in their own hands and are planning to kill Liyla." Nicole said,

My parents weren't surprised when she said that so I'm guessing they already knew.

"And how are they planning to do that?" Ryder asked,

"Well, we don't know." She said,

Ok so let me see if I got everything processed. The council doesn't want a human as a Luna so they are going to get rid of me by killing me.

"She's weak and vulnerable right now. We'll have to get her protection." Michael said,

"What if we mate?" Preston asked,

"Then she'd be somewhat stronger and you'll both be able to contact each other." Michael said,

"There's something else." Nicole said,

"What?" I asked, speaking after sometime of being quiet.

"In two weeks will complete a year since you guys met." She said,

"Yeah." I said,

"Well since you're human Liyla it would take some time in order for you to go into heat." She said,

I furrowed my eyebrows and felt Preston shift uncomfortably in the chair.

"What's heat?" I asked,

Ryder coughed and turned to the side, shielding his face from us and Michael looked side to side, rubbing his neck.

"Well, its... Umm... When..." Nicole trailed off and blushed a bit.

You think that as adults they would act a bit more mature.

"When you're in heat, you'll be very horny for me and you'll want to have sex a lot." Preston said and I felt my stomach turn, but not in a bad way.

"There is no way my daughter is having sex." My dad said and pulled me from Preston.

"There is nothing more protective than a father." He said and thumped his chest.

"Well, we're planning on having a meeting with the neighboring packs about the council situation, for now both of you deal with the heat thing." Michael said and our parents walked out with Ryder trailing behind them.

I sighed and laid my head in my hands.

"We don't have to have sex if you don't want to. After all, I still need to earn your trust and get you back." Preston said, rubbing my back.

To be honest I'm a bit turned on right now. I just want him to take me here. The thought had my insides tightening at the thought of him in me.

"When was the last time you had sex?" I asked him and he seemed shocked by the question.

"Well..." He said, staring up at the ceiling.

"I don't remember... About 9 painful months ago maybe more." He said,

"Do you miss it?" I asked,

"Yeah, I guess." He whispered and blushed.

"I should head home. I don't want to be out for too long if these crazy want me dead." I said and Preston nodded his head.

I'll take you home." He said and we got up to leave.

I need come up with an idea.

I thought to myself as I exited the pack house and went home.