Chapter 22

PRESTON'S POV

I glared at the woman and man in black robes in front of me and my dad.

"We know that you have mated and marked our human mate, but we still hold our plan in stopping the mating of humans with werewolves. Humans are just too weak and vulnerable." The woman said,

I growled angrily at her and my dad rested his hand on my shoulder.

"And we think its not your place to decide wether werewolves hould mate with humans. The moon goddess wants humans to be with werewolves. Its her decision." My dad forced out,

I knew he was trying to control his wolf from coming out and shreding these bastards to pieces. I knew I would pee on their dead bodies if my dad did kill them.

The man rolled his eyes.

"This is a warning to you from over fifty packs. Leave us and our mates alone." I groweled at them.

"And if we don't?" The man asked,

"Then us along with other packs will hunt you down and strip you to pieces and then find more wise and suitable councils." My dad said,

"Goodbye, you have wasted half a day of our time." My dad grunted and we walked away.

"At least our mates are too busy to notice that we have been gone." My dad stated and I agreed.

I got Lexi and Bruce to distract Liyla by taking her to the mall and to watch a movie. My dad didn't have to do much because my mom and Liyla's mom went to a spa.

We finally reached the pack house and people were just around minding their own business. That was until a member of our pack came running to us.

"Alphas! Alphas! We have a problem." He yelled, running to us.

"What's wrong?" My dad asked immediately,

"Some members of the pack found Lexi and Bruce unconscious outside of the mall. They were apparently intoxiced by some type of mist. We've let out a search for our young Luna, but haven't found her yet." He explained and I started to panic.

My breathing became shallow and I didn't hear my father give instructions.

"Son, you need to calm down. We need you to focus on your bond with Liyla." My dad said, shaking me.

I nodded my head and tried to sense her.

"I can't feel her! What if something happened to her!" Colton said scared,

"Calm down! Nothing happened to her. Now who would want to take her." I said,

"The council." Colton replied,

"They wouldn't attack yet. We were just talking to them." I said then it hit me.

That stupid vampire Liyla is friends with.

I ran to my office and looked for his number. When I found it, I dialed it and the phone rang three times before I heard his voice.

I answered before he could talk.

"Look you son of a bitch. I want my mate back!" I yelled into the phone.

"What the fuck are you talking about dog?" He asked,

I rolled my eyes. "You took Liyla again."

"No, I didn't." He said, sounding sure and concerned.

"Wait, Liyla is missing!" He yelled into the phone.

"I knew you couldn't protect her." He growled and I growled back.

"I can protect her. She was traken by the mall and someone was able to knock out both of me trusted and strongest wolves. I said,

"I'll see what I can do." He grumbled and hung up.

I ran my hand through my hair roughly and sa todwn in the chair. I then remembered that Lexi and Bruce were taken to the infirmary. I got up and walked there.

When I got there, they were both laying on small hopsital beds and had needles stuck in them.

"Its good to know that you guys are alive and ok." I said, entering the room.

Lexi was the first to look at me and broke when I sawe tears running down her face.

"Alpha, I am so sorry for not protecting our Luna. We tried, but failed." She said and I stroked her hair to calm her down.

"Its ok Lexi. I know that oy utried your best." I said, smiling at her even though I wanted to cry myself.

I walked over to Bruce's side and squeezed his shoulder. I know he was beating himself and his wolf.

"Bruce, its ok. I know you tried your best to protect Liyla." I said and he shook his head.

"No, I didn't. You hired me of all the other stronger wolves and I failed." He said,

"Don't worry. We'll find Liyla and everything will be ok." I said,

Hopefully.