Kaider- decorating a Christmas tree...

What the servants must be thinking... where is he taking me?
"Kai... can I take off the mask? You know, I can just pull up my internal map of the palace and find out?"
"Oi! You promised no peaking! The whole point of the mask... watch the step... is for you to not know where we're going. And I told you, it's a surprise"
I bet he feels very smug watching me stumble around our palace.

"What if the press find us? They'll want to know why their empress is being lead around blindfolded."
"Why can't we just 'maintain an air of mystery... I thought you liked that."

Ohhh, I bet he feels great using my own words against me. But I can't even believe he remembers that.
"I know that look, Cinder." Kai stopped walking; opened a door. "How could I ever forget anything you say. You're just so memorable"
"If you could see my eyes, they'd be rolling"
"Well, I can. We're here."
Kai slipped the mask off my head, giving me bedhead... mask head?
There before me, a Christmas tree stood- stretching as high as the ballroom it resides in.
"We've got to get to work. Where are the... oh there's the ladders."
"Woah. Is that tree even real?"
"Yup. It's one of the biggest in the world. We get one shipped over every year."
I chuckled.
"I thought servants decorated for Christmas."
He grabbed my hand; my smile only grew.
"Well... yes. Everywhere except for this tree and our chambers"
"Hmmm, it's a task worth taking on"
"Last year I had to do this with Torin. He has no style!"
"Owch. I just gonna go get some ice for that burn. I bet he's devastated!"
Several large boxes of ornaments lay before us, and I opened the first one's lid, expecting an abundance of fancy bobbles, encrusted with diamonds and-
Oh, an array of various (crazy) ornaments. I'm not going to go into the details... but is that monkey wearing a tropical dress, a coconut bra and... a base ball cap?
"Wow, and you said Torin didn't have style."
"I'm just adventurous!"
"Luckily for you, so am I. I wouldn't be able to stand hanging fancy baubles with a theme that isn't... crazy!" I took out the monkey and waved its arms.
"Ohhh. That's Maddy."
"I like that."

"Well, this box," Kai gestured to a box labelled 'nameless' "is full of bobbles that still need names"
"What an original label"
"Haha"
"Let's get to work."
8 hours later:
"This just in... emperor Kai and empress Selene strode out of the palace's ballroom laughing, covered in dirt and tinsel. It really is Christmas."

I don't know why I wrote this. It's not even close to Christmas. Any suggestions for my next story, I'm open. It doesn't have to be KAIDER. Maybe: CRESSWELL, WOLFET, WINCIN... KIKO? Well, yeah or it can be an AU or headcanons... I really don't mind. I'm so happy people are actually reading!!! Wow. Thanks so much.