Chapter 15

(Picture at the top is Noah.)

Lunchtime finally arrived, the loud noises and shouting making my headache ten times worse as I follow behind Poppy and Jessie to one of the tables.

"So she ate her cereal in class?" I hear Jessie ask Poppy who nods her head with a small chuckle.

"I was hungry!" I shout defensively then wince at the sound of my own voice as we seat ourselves down.

"You're always hungry." Poppy smiles.

"And your point is?" I ask with a smirk as I dig into my food.

Shaking her head she eats her own food while gossiping with Jessie. The two seem to get along really well, thankfully.

"Oh shit," I hiss looking behind Poppy as I start to duck my head, hoping to appear invisible.

"What?" She asks frowning before turning around to look behind her. Turning back around with wide eyes she ducks her head as well then looks up briefly to glance at me,"what do we do?!" She whispers frantically.

"Get under the fucking table!" I harshly whisper  as I slide under the table to the floor.

"Um I'm just gonna.. yeah, bye girls!" I hear Jessie mutter as she rushes off in the other direction after seeing a furious Noah heading our way, who pushes over a small freshman kid that turns around to shout at him but quickly snaps his mouth shut after seeing the deathly look on Noah as he stalks our way.

Poppy opted for staying where she was, whereas I'm hiding like a coward underneath the cafeteria table.

"Get up." Noah mutters sternly as he crouches down to look at me, his eyes narrowed as he watches me closely. Gulping I nod my head before scrambling out of my hiding spot.

Standing up I sit back down into my seat next to Poppy who looks slightly pale in color.

"You two.." he trails off shaking his head, his curls swaying side to side at the action as he looks at us disappointedly.

"We can explain!" I blurt wide eyed as he looks between us with a quirked brow. "We um, we-" I stutter for a reasonable excuse before he cuts me off with a wave of his hand.

"No it's fine, i get it-" he starts off dismissing my excuse before I cut him off with a grin.

"Oh you do? That's great!" I chirp nodding happily that he's fine with us missing our morning classes. Poppy shakes her head while sighing as she sits next to me.

"Yeah I get the fact you two skipped morning lessons and decided to get drunk on a school night," he barks loudly gathering a few people's attention as we both put our heads down, Poppy's in embarrassment and mine in an attempt to not laugh at the look he's giving us.

I can't help it honestly, he's funny when he's being stern and authoritative. He's hardly ever like this but whenever he is, I think I've laughed every time.

"I'm disappointed in you two." He mutters shaking his head."skipping classes and getting drunk on a school night? Do you want to ruin your futures, is that it?" He rambles pacing in front of us with a look of confusion plastered on his face before he points a finger in Poppy' direction with narrowed eyes.

"And you! You knew you can't be doing shit like this anymore pops, if your parents found out I let you skip classes, they'd ship you back over there in a second and you know it."