Day Two: Out Of Habit

A/N: First of all, its been a month and a half and I owe everyone an apology.

Second of all, This isn't as big as I want this to be but I'll update a much bigger chapter by the end of this week to make up.

I really do love you guys for being sweet enough to stay here for me while I was away.

I thank God for everyone of you!

You were all so sweet to get me to 1k followers.

This wasn't something I thought was possible.

Tbh, I never dreamed I would get this far and I owe you guys a lot! Thank you so much for reading and being so supportive and kind all the time!!

This is just a chapter to let you know that I'm still alive and I haven't left writing yet!

I hope you like it...

Chapter 96:

Jellal nodded, a hand holding his chin as he listened intently to what Levy McGarden was saying.

The short girl had a rather serious expression on her face as she laid out the details of the previous day's events.

Day Two of the Magic Tests had already begun and the crowd in the arena wouldn't quiet down with the infamously attractive Rufus of Sabertooth going head to head with Eve of Blue Pegasus.

Waves of strong magic power sent chills down the regal man's spine as he nodded once when Levy spoke about the match between Natsu and Sting.

His team stood with him, Erza in all her perfection standing beside her slender friend with the rest of the group towering over them.

"... No traces of magic ever remain for long after each match."

"I have noticed that too," Jellal's rich tone made the group look toward him, "It seemed a little strange at first but I suppose the Council's got some way to clear out the magic energy from the air moments after a match ends. We are still new to the Anima and this may be their way of ensuring that it does not effect any more damage. "

Levy nodded before continuing with her report.

Jellal let himself get lost in his thoughts for a moment as his mind quickly went through what the girl had said.

McGarden was sharp to pick up something that he'd noticed as well.

The girl wasn't just knowledgeable, she picked up on quite a few things that most people missed.

Combining brain power like hers with the brawn and strength of the tall, metal pierced man behind her and any one would be scared.

Dismissing the detail seemed the most logical thing to do when they had so much more to worry about but Jellal had an ominous feeling that that tiny titbit of information would help him later.

He let his hands slide into his pocket and frowned.

He needed to discuss the issue with the Head Master or Laxus but the two were already busy with the tests.

The job had been handed to him anyway.

"Let's not dismiss the ide-"

Jellal caught himself at the look of surprise on his team's faces.

Levy had been talking and he had cut right in.

He shook his head as though to clear it before giving her an apologetic look, "I'm very sorry for interrupting you. Please go on."

Levy nodded, eyes still a little wide before beginning her sentence again.

Jellal looked up to catch the gaze of the attractive redhead he'd asked to be his girlfriend.

Her eyes held his as though wondering what was going on in his head.

Jellal only smiled at her before turning his attention back to the talking Levy.

Erza was the perfect person to discuss things that concerned the team.

He would find some time alone to talk to her about the issue, if she didn't distract him into saying anything else.

Erik gagged causing the team to worry again.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have a winner!!"

The arena shook with applause as Rufus took his bow, his face a pleasant smile that no one would trust.

Gray let out a low whistle.

"What the hell was that guy?"

Natsu shook his head before sparks began to erupt from his hands, "I wanna fight him next..."

Gray threw the pink headed boy an irritated glance, "Watch it, you could set some one's clothes on fire."

Natsu looked surprise, "What're you worried about then?"

Gray gritted his teeth as he turned around to look for his clothes.

How did they always disappear like that? When had this become a thing?

"Cooooooooooooooooming up," Gray could still hear the commentator's excited voice boom through the stadium, "Ren of Blue Pegasus versu-"

Gray looked up to catch sight of a pretty blond and a lovely blue-haired girl.

"Lucy! Juvia!!"

Natsu turned around too and the boys watched as Lucy walked into their cosy room with a smile, supporting herself against Juvia as Mirajane walked in with them.

"Hey, guys..."

Gray stepped toward the girls as Natsu ran past him, before slowling to a stop a few steps before the injured girl.

"H-hey... Are you okay now, Luce?"

Gray's eyebrows shot up at Natsu's soft, shy tone.

The ice mage even blinked once.

Had the idiot sparked his own brain out?

How was he not raging and jumping around and causing the girl more pain?

"Y-Yeah... Thanks, Natsu!"

Gray could have sworn Lucy was blushing but what really scared him was the satisfied smile on Mirajane's face.

A/N: Next chapter by the end of this week and that's a promise!

I love you guys!!

Stay safe!

Ciao!!!