Day One: The Battles Begin

A/N: FT Manga readers, where you at?

Our gajevy hearts have been both satisfied and twisted...

And Gajeel! OMG, He was exceptionally badass this time!! XD

Chapter 91:

"So," Erik swallowed as he breathed in the dark wizard's scent, "He's been here recently..."

Gajeel grunted, "You know the First 'nd him showed up togeth'r right? He probably destroyed the guys who beat her up..."

The Poison dragon slayer nodded, "That's probably it... Gotta get this over to Jellal..."

"How do we get 'im to talk?" Gajeel questioned as he listened to the blabbering that continued inside the room, "We need to clear the Thunder idiots with the dumb ol' Council..."

Erik nodded, lost in thought.

The two men stood together in silence for a few minutes.

Gajeel slowly looked up as Erik did.

"You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

Erik smirked.

Gajeel cracked his knuckles, the only way he knew how to get people to open up.

"And now for the first battle of the day, Yukino Agria vs. Kagura!!"

The crowd roared in response as the two beautiful women entered the arena, both unsmiling and steady.

Lucy watched in apprehension as she stood by her friends in their cozy balcony.

The magic energy that surrounded Yukino was very similar to the one that she possessed and noting both Loke and Aries' reactions, the pretty blond knew that Yukino used Celestial Magic.

Clutching Natsu's scarf, Lucy sighed, wondering why she was so nervous.

Everyone looked so confident all the time.

They always seemed to know how things would work or what to do to make things go the way they wanted to.

Lucy doubted her ability to stay on par with the magic users in her own team.

The greatest fear she had was that she would lose and let her school down.

"Yo, you okay?"

The blond jerked up at Gray's voice, "Huh? Oh, y-yeah... Yeah!"

Gray stared, "Are you sure?"

Lucy nodded, trying to bring up a smile, "Totally. Just watching!"

The ice-make mage watched her for a moment before giving her a smile in return, "Nervous?"

Lucy nodded slowly as she felt Mirajane come up beside her.

"It's alright, Lucy..."

Mirajane reached over to take Lucy's hand in her soft one, "You'll do great. We'll all be rooting for you too! And no matter what happens, we know that you'll give it your best shot!!"

"You usually do." Laxus remarked from behind the group.

Lucy blinked before glancing over at Gray who smirked, "Don't forget Flamebrain who'll pulverize anyone who dares attack ya."