Still At The Competition

A/N: I'm on holiday today!!

Yay!!

Imma update now!!

I love all of you guys for reading!

Thank you so so so so so much!!

Chapter 23:

Jellal leaned back in his seat.

When he had refused to come to the competition, Gajeel and Natsu had carried him to the car.

He sighed.

Those idiots just wouldn't grow up.

He felt Eric's concentration stray from the pool.

Jellal followed his gaze to see Mirajane and Kinana make their way into their row of seats.

The blue haired genius frowned.

Where was Erza?

Laxus stiffened up when the beautiful Mirajane settled down next to him.

Jellal swiveled his body to the side to watch.

Time passed with no words passing between the two. Mirajane took to watching the crowds and Laxus took to watching her.

It took a few moments for Mirajane to realize that she was being stared at.

She looked over at Laxus with a questioning glance to which the awkward idiot reacted by leaning away.

Mirajane gave him a hesitant smile.

Laxus smiled back.

Jellal grinned.

This was getting interesting.

-------------------

Eric took a deep breath.

What a pain it was waiting for so long just so that a competition could begin.

He raked a hand through his hair.

At least if he could sit next to Kinana, he wouldn't complain.

Sitting between Jellal and Laxus wasn't exactly entertaining.

Crowds of students and teachers milled across the ground and Cobra was quick to record the number of schools to be present.

Five were here and it looked like the entire student mass in each school had showed up to cheer.

He caught a glimpse of red near the pool and knew that that would probably be Ms. Erza.

Eric glanced at Jellal to see the blue haired boy watching Laxus with an extremely amused look on his face.

Eric turned his head slightly to watch Laxus and Mirajane.

Laxus looked like he was about die with ignoring the girl's attempts to get friendly.

Eric turned away with a smile.

Poor Laxus.

Knowing his stubborn friend, Laxus was probably falling for this girl and didn't want to.

Eric shook his head to himself.

Had Laxus ever looked twice at girl?

He thought not.

Cobra looked over at Jellal and the two shared a smile.

This would definitely be interesting.

A few minutes later, Eric looked up when he heard a few familiar voices.

Erza walked down the aisle as though ready for battle with her two other friends hurrying up to keep pace with her.

He nudged Jellal causing the other to look up from his phone.

"Hmm?"

"Erza's here."

"Oh. How pleasant."

Eric looked away from Jellal's seemingly calm face.

It was funny how suddenly the two mature boys in his group of friends seemed head over heels over two new girls and bent on refusing that they were.

Erza came down the row and settled down in a seat between Kinana and Mirajane and saying something that made both the other girls giggle.

Kinana lowered her eyelashes before looking directly at him.

She gave him a shy smile.

He smiled back.

It had been an extremely long time since Eric and Kinana had had a talk to catch up on the time they'd missed and Eric intended to do something about it.

He leaned forward in his seat and prepared to ask Kinana if she'd like to sit next to him.

"We got food!"

Eric dodged to the side just in time.

Natsu had jumped from over three seats above them to land just in front of Eric before losing his balance and falling right into the arms of the couple who were seated in front.

"Natsu!"Eric's ears caught Lucy say.

"Such a loser." Gray and Gajeel were just entering their row of seats from the right.

"Am not!" Natsu responded, trying to get off of the guys face.

He kicked himself into the air with a swift shift of his feet before landing perfectly in front of Laxus.

Without wasting a moment, he launched himself at Gray to punch him which the other smoothly dodged.

They went back and forth trying to hit each other.

"Cut it out."

Laxus' tone got them away from each other.

Eric looked back at the guy.

The master's grandson looked like he was almost ready to give up.

Laxus knew that this was how Gray and Natsu behaved.

Fighting, quarelling... It was all part of their friendship but most people didn't understand.

And at times like these, when there were about five diferent schools in one place, it wasn't a bad thing that Laxus didn't want to his upset his grandfather.

Gray and Natsu took their seats next to Gajeel just as the announcer took the microphone.

"Welcome to the Interschool Swimming Finals!!"

The room erupted with a roar as kids ran to their seats or to their positions and the space near the pool began to clear.

Eric setteled back into his seat and watched for Juvia Locksar who was representing Fairy Tail High.

Finally.

A/N: And that's the next chapter!

I hope you guys like it!

Please tell me what you think.

Anything particular? Like am I too slow at a particular ship? Please let me know!!

Ciao!