Getting To Know The Guys

A/N: Hey, everyone, here's the next chapter!

Thank you soooo much for waiting...

It's just that some of you are so good at writing that I get sidetracked reading!

Anyway, please let me know if my Gajeviness is good or bad.

Recap: Levy's heart sank even as she heard footsteps echo behind them.

They were at a deadend.

"I don't mind gettin' caught." Gajeel said to her in a low tone, still holding on to her hand, "But I know you do."

Levy was touched that this boy she'd been afraid of would go to such lengths to keep out of trouble.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a door.

And without thinking, she pulled at Gajeel, "There!"

"Wai-"

Levy pulled open the door and ran through, looking behind her to see whether Mr. Macao was coming.

And that was when she lost her footing and began falling from a seven feet long stairwell.

Chapter 10:

Levy felt a strong arm wrap around her waist as a scream began to build in her throat.

Gajeel pulled her up and placed her softly down next to him.

He watched as she stumbled, a little out of balance, and quickly put out a hand to steady her, amused at how delicate this slender girl was.

Levy blinked once. Then twice and a blush began to spread across her cheeks.

"Aha!"

Gajeel wanted to roll his eyes.

Mr. Macao had finally caught up.

"I believe you kids should follow me to the principal's office!" He said almost victoriously, his blue hair gelled back.

Gajeel glanced at Levy.

Levy's face so sorrowful, she looked like she'd just been told about a relative's tragic death.

Macao's eyebrows shot up when he saw her.

"Levy?" He voiced, "Levy McGarden?"

"Yes, sir." She said softly.

Gajeel cocked his head to the side, intently watching the drama.

"Ms. McGarden, I am shocked to say the least!"

Macao looked shocked too, Gajeel noted.

"I- I am sorry, sir. I really am, I just, I forgot an-"

"C'mon, let 'er off. Warnin', right?" Gajeel asked finally.

Would they give it a rest? They were late, not murderers.

Somehow, he didn't like to see that soft, little girl stutter and squirm because of someone besides him.

"I'm sorry, Gajeel, I can't do that." Macao said, "Rules are rules but-"

He was cut off by loud, gleeful laughter that came echoing through the halls.

It sounded like Salamander and that blond girl.

Gajeel grinned just as Macao sighed.

"Hold on, you two. Looks like we have more trouble makers today."