To Retrieve At Night

A/N: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Here's the next chapter!!

Get ready, get ready.

Here we go!

Chapter 71:

"Elfman!!"

Mira stepped down the stairs as fast as her fluffy slippers would let her.

Silver hair flying behind her, the oldest sister reached the landing just as a bewildered looking man ran through a doorway.

"Sis?"

Mira stopped hurrying to slowly push her hair back from her forehead, "Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

"Oh, sis, It's alright."

Mira slowly tilted her head to the side, letting a small smile work it's way into her face.

Her scary looking, muscular brother stood at the door to his room in unicorn print pajamas and messy, silver hair that stuck out everywhere making him look like a very sinister fairy godfather.

"What's the matter, sis?" Elfman suddenly grew conscious, "I do look manly?"

"Oh very!" Mira loved her little brother and had to bite back a smile as pride bubbled in her chest.

"Mira?"

Mirajane turned her head to see her little sister at the door to her own room which was also downstairs.

"What's going on?"

Mira smiled when she saw Lisanna, still rubbing her eyes, in a wrinkled pink shirt and matching pants.

The sleep slowly left her eyes.

"Oh m- Big brother! What are you wearing?"

Elfman grew conscious, "B-but, It makes me look manly!"

Mira giggled as Lisanna sighed.

Her thoughts went back to the thing that'd got her skipping down the stairs at three in the morning.

She snapped her fingers, feeling foolish and totally stupid.

How could she have forgotten?

She was such an absolute idiot.

There was no way she could get it now and it had to be completed by tomorrow.

She groaned and put her hands over her face.

She was such an idiot.

"Uh, sis?"

Mira looked up quickly and noticed her siblings staring at her.

"Oh," Mira sighed, "I forgot something really important in the Master's office and for some dumb seconds I wondered if maybe we could go get it, Elfman."

Lisanna raised an eyebrow, "Sis... It's three in the morning."

"I know!" Mira let out a cute, frustrated sigh and watched her siblings give her a sad smile, "Um, you know the magic council tests?"

Lisanna and Elfman nodded.

"Well..." Mira struggled with how to tell her siblings that she was an incompetent dummy, "The last day to register properly... is tomorrow and, um, the paperwork may need atleast one more hour?"

Lisanna and Elfman nodded before their eyes widened, "Wait... you... you can't mean?"

Biting her lip, Mirajane nodded, slowly fiddling with the frilly night gown she wore.