Old friends

A/N: Hey!! You guys are always so kind with your comments! 

Thank you so much!!

Please keep reading.

Chapter 12:

Kinana nodded as Ms. Carla instructed her. 

"Alright, Ma'am. Yes... I see... I will."

"Carla!"

The two women whirled around at the male voice that was fast approaching.

Carla huffed when a blue haired man stumbled over. He had thin whiskers and wore a worn almost wrinkled suit and tie. Kinana only giggled.

It was well known around school that Mr. Happy had a thing for Ms. Carla. The latter, of course, cared but could not be bothered with showing any kind of emotion.

"Yes. Mister. Happy." She questioned with an annoyed expression.

Mr. Happy stopped in front of the two ladies and stopped to catch his breath. 

Looking up finally, he gave them an almost charming smile, "I have fish today, I- well, hello there, Kinana."

Kinana smiled back at him.

"So, I was wondering, you know, If you would like some?"

Ms. Carla sniffed, "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Happy, but I just don't like fish. Moreover, I promised a student I would sit with her for lunch."

Kinana gave him a sad smile. The poor guy looked really broken.

Miss. Carla's face softened. "Maybe... later, Mr. Happy."

The teacher just gave them a smile and then turned away, "I understand... I'll just sit with Natsu." He said before walking away.

Ms. Carla just shook her head before turning back to Kinana, "Well, that's it, my girl. Any questions?"

"No, Ms. Carla." She said with a sweet smile.

Ms. Carla nodded, "But I fear this may be too much work for you to finish in one period. Hmmm.... Ah, I'll just assign another student to help you."

"That's alright, Ms. Carla," Kinana tried to tell her, "I'll be fine."

"No, I insist."

Kinana looked around. The teacher and student stood just outside the library, in the corridor.

"Ah, Eric." Ms. Carla called.

Kinana followed the english teacher's line of vision and found herself staring at a handsome boy with maroonish brown hair.

He was leaning against the wall and she wondered how she'd missed him standing there.

He slowly pushed himself forward and walked over to them.

"Eric, would you please give Kinana a hand with some library work?"

Eric fixed her with a stare before looking back at the teacher and mutely nodding.

 "Excellent, thank you very much, Eric." Ms. Carla pronounced. "I'll be back later to check, Kinana."

"Alright, Ms. Carla." Kinana smiled, noting that Eric turned back to give her a stare again.

The teacher left the two students standing in the empty corridor together.

"Um... So shall we get to work?" Kinana asked softly turning her gaze to Eric.