The Sleepover (Part I)

A/N: Hey!!

I know it's been a tiny bit of a while since I last updated but le update est here!!

So grateful to the people who are still reading!!

Thank you guys so much!

I, honestly, thank God for you guys!!

Please keep reading and I hope you like the story and how it's going.

Chapter 26:

Lucy smiled as she kept the phone pressed against her ear.

"Yes, mom. I'm fine."

It was about the fifteenth time she had assured her mom that she was fine.

Layla Heartfilia was a wonderful mother and she was the glue that kept Jude and Lucy Heartfilia together.

Lucy responded to another of her mom's question's as she thought about her dad.

Jude Heartfilia was a businessman. He was also a very loving father but had different ideas on what was good for his daughter.

"Yeah, I've made friends. In fact, mother, they're coming over for a sleep over in less than ten minutes... uh huh... Yeah... Okay... I love you too, mother."

She hung up slowly.

A smile spread across her face.

Layla Heartfilia was the best mother ever.

She cared deeply about the people close to her and Lucy had heard that that had been what'd caused her father to fall head over heels in love.

Although, Jude was not the sort of person who was comfortable with being open about things like love, he'd always worn a different glow around his family.

Lucy bit her lip.

Her and her father had gotten into quite a few arguments but they loved each other and they both knew it.

Lucy got up from her bed to check her snack stash.

The girls would be over any second.

-----------------------

"Mira?"

"Yes, Kinana?"

"What's the bottle for?"

"Oh that." Mirajane giggled.

Kinana's face went into a cute frown. Something about Mirajane's reaction hadn't struck her as right.

"It's a tiny game called truth or dare."

Kinana's worst fears were confirmed.

Mirajane was ready to get the girls closer than maybe most of them wanted to be.

Kinana glanced at Mirajane's angelic face.

Somehow, though, Kinana was glad that she had Mirajane and the others.

There had been a time when she'd not had even one person talk to her.

Bullies had played a huge role in her life, because of her size, but that had been until Eric had stepped in.

She wondered, now, why he had defended and protected her all those years ago. Eric had scared, basically, everyone away from her but had stayed back and been her one and only true friend.

They'd moved away after a while and then, Kinana had started at Fairy Tail High.

Juvia and Kinana had bonded over their mutual past of bullies.