The Second Meeting

Hey!! I can finally update!

I'm still so touched that you guys wait so patiently.

Thank you so much for reading and leaving all those amazing comments!!

Okay, here we go:

Chapter 17:

"Sorry."

Juvia stared, her mouth open, as Gray bent over to pick up the two books she'd just dropped.

Her heart hammered in her chest and a fluttery feeling set in her stomach.

Juvia took a deep breath and wanted to cry when it did nothing to help.

She couldn't go to pieces like this!

Gray straightened back up, "Here."

Juvia took her books from him, noting his strong deep voice.

She adjusted the strap of her back pack, unsure of what to do next.

"I-"

They stopped when each one spoke at the same time.

Gray grinned and Juvia almost, almost, collapsed.

"You go first," He said.

Juvia licked her lips, "Juvia is so sorry for fainting earlier."

She'd spoken her first words to him!

Gray looked surprised at the statement, "Nothin' to be sorry about. I was glad I was there when you passed out."

'You were the reason I passed out,' Juvia thought, trying really hard to keep from colouring.

"What did you want to say...?" She let the question hang, a little perplexed that she was actually conversing with him.

"Oh, uh," Gray smiled a little, raking a hand through his messy dark hair, "I'm looking for Ms. Aquarius... again... If you could help with-"

"Oh," Juvia was glad she could help him out. She hadn't heard what he'd said on their first meeting. "She just went down this hallway. In the direction of the staff room."

"Thanks." Gray said walking past her.

As an afterthought, he quickly turned back around, "I hope you're alright now."

"Yes. Juvia's fine now." The blue-haired girl smiled. "Gajeel and Levy came to see me."

"That's nice." Gray gave her a tender smile that set her heart pacing faster.

"Heard you were participating in some competition tomorrow."

"Yes," Juvia couldn't believe Gray knew about that, "Juvia is."

"Hmmm. Gajeel told me. Well, I hope you win." He said before turning around and beginning to walk away.

"Thank y- Wait!" Juvia cried, her mind racing, not sure why she'd called out like an idiot.

Gray turned back around and raised an eyebrow.

Juvia licked her pink lips once. "Will Gray be there?"

Gray stared at her a moment before raising a corner of his mouth, "Maybe I will." With that, he left.

Juvia watched him walk away.

When he'd completely disappeared, she made her way out of the school's halls in a daze.

Walking out of the front doors, she saw her friends standing on the pavement.