To Retrieve At Night (Part III)

A/N: Three hours later...

XD XD XD

Here it is, next chapter!!

Hope you guys like it!!

Also, my Pokemon Story is up on my other account...

It's 'Quest Of The Key' by Teenikel!!

I would love if you guys could check it out and tell me what you think!

I love you!!

Thank you!!!

Chapter 73:

"Wendy!!'

"Romeo!" Wendy jumped as the young, good looking boy ran up to them.

"Carla," The annoyed exceed decided to say, making Wendy giggle.

The good looking boy ran over, a worried expression on his face.

As he got closer, Wendy remembered something Carla had told her about him.

Romeo was one of the very few who addressed both Wendy and Carla when he talked. Most people would ignore the small cat, though she was much older and had a lot more intellect than most.

Also, Romeo went out of his way to be nice to people even when he looked like the kind of guy who'd much rather be by himself.

The lovely little cat hadn't said anything more than that he had a good heart.

She'd never compliment him to his face, and she still bossed him around and grew exasperated with him sometimes but Wendy knew that Carla had taken a liking to young Romeo.

Even going as far as to shudder in disgust at the name the poor boy had been given by his 'useless' father.

Carla cared.

That was all anyone could say.

"Something weird is going on!" Romeo exclaimed, glancing both at Wendy and her exceed care-taker.

Carla released her wings and slowly flapped them to get to his eye level, "Where? Hurry now, Romeo."

Romeo pointed to the entrance of the school, "There. I was walking back home after training with my magic when I saw the gate unlocked."

Carla and Wendy moved with him as he began to lead them toward the entrance, the sky still dark glittering with stars.

"And I went in and there's furniture all over the gym."

"The gym?" Carla raised an eyebrow as they reached the glass doors that the two students pulled open.

Wendy let Romeo help her get hers.

Running in, Wendy listened to Romeo narrate his story with Carla asking questions.

"Yeah. I went there happy to have some extra place to train but there are broken desks and chairs everywhere."

"Broken?" Wendy turned to stare at him.

"Yeah," Romeo gave her a full out look,"At least ten to fifteen of 'em."

Wendy took a long whiff of the air as they reached a crossway in the corridors, "I can smell the Thunder Legion down there," she said pointing to the path that led to the Master's office, "and some other people!"

Romeo gave her an amazed stare, "Really?"

Wendy's eyes widened as his gaze found hers, "Yes. I'm a Dragon Slayer now... We have strong senses."

The irritated cluck of Carla's tongue broke their locked stare.

"No time. We need to get to the gym."

"That way." Romeo pointed to the corridor leading away from the master's office.

Carla huffed, "We know that, young man, just hurry!"

Romeo jolted to catch up, "Yes, Ma'am."

He reached over to grab Wendy's hand with a small smile first as the two students began to run in the direction of the gym.

A loud noise in the way they were headed made them stop for a few moments, confused.

Wendy could smell the smoke coming from the corridor in front of them, "Five rooms away. That was the gym!"

The trio dashed forward, Wendy's senses picking up the footfall of seven people behind them.

Laxus lightning stepped to the scene of the gym, wreckage of burning wood strewn everywhere.

Mavis and Makarov stood next to the Strauss siblings and Romeo and Wendy staring with disapproval at the chaos that had laid waste on the school's gym.

Mirajane and Laxus had found both Mavis and Makarov plotting battle strategies and playing board games inside the Master's office with the main gates locked from the outside.

Laxus had done nothing to find out how his grandfather and the school's founder had managed that when they'd waved over to the pair of students.

Leaving the Thunder Legion outside, Mira and Laxus had been ruffling through files in the Master's archives when a loud crashing sound had been heard.

Makarov and Mavis had quickly left the office to see to the explosion.

Laxus had left a rather surprised Mirajane back at her desk when he'd known what the scenario would be like in the gym.

The Thunder Legion stood in the middle of the gym surrounded by burning rubble, looking exactly like criminals.

They were being framed for something Laxus was sure they hadn't done.

One look at Makarov's disapproving face was all Laxus needed before he stormed out of the room.

Mirajane reached the doorway only to see him brush past her.

Two seconds of silence and the Dragon Slayer could feel the beautiful girl hurry after him.

A/N: Oooooooookay, next update tomorrow and I would've stuck with the timetable!

Praise the Lord!!

I hope you guys like the drabbles so far.

Let me know if I do something wrong!!

Leave comments, you guys!! IDK why I'm so into Wattpad these days...

Thanks for always reading and encouraging and taking time to talk to me!!

I remember how lonely it was posting the first chapter of this story but now, I've met so many nice people!!

Kind of getting the same feels with the Pokemon Story but I'm just praying about it!!

Ciao!!