Chapter 72: Emergency

Start from the beginning

With the touch of earpiece, she sent a message through, "Seo here. You don't need to reply. Just listen." 

Minjun narrowed his eyes but kept his composure calm as he listens.

"I've found a body of a man in one of the empty houses. He's been...cut up quiet.. horribly. The wound marks doesn't look like man-made. It's more like..claw marks. Big and ugly. Just like---" the connection was suddenly cut off and threw the squad in a slight panic. 

"Something wrong?" the man asked.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Please, keep talking." Minjun said. 

HanNi noticed the troubled look on their faces and scoot closer behind the captain. She tugged on his jacket and whispered, "I'll go look for her." 

Yuhan slightly turned his head to face her and their eyes met. It doesn't seem like HanNi is going to stand by at all. He shook his head mouthing "You're not leaving our side, princess". She blinked then shifted her eyes to the man in front of them. 

"Excuse me." 

The man look up to her in confusion. 

"If the whole village has been attacked and evacuated, why are you still here?" Straight to the point. 

He was quiet and smiled nervously. "This place is very important to me. There's a stream residing just behind that forest there and it meant so much to me that is why I cannot leave this place."

"A stream?" They questioned. 

"Of course you wouldn't know. You're all from the capital so you never knew anything about this small village near the coast." Now he's playing with his words.

"There is no stream behind that forest." She said firmly, "Behind the trees is the village's pharmacy, if I recall. If you are talking about a stream, there is one in the next village."

"Who are you?" HanGyuk glared at the man.

"W-what might you be talking about, sir? I'm just an ordinary chief villager---"

"The Chief was found dead by one of our comrades. So? Who are you?" Yuhan pointed the tip of his gun on his head.

The man's face darkened. He lowered his head as his shoulders started to tremble. Is he crying? Laughing? The connection with Seo came back and she told the discoveries on her side. 

"Very sharp. Very, indeed." the man spoke and lifted his head to stare at them. Eyes has gone grey and blank, colours started to fade away from his skin and fangs started to show.

"This place will be destroyed soon. You elites from the high grounds would not realize. Destruction and calamity will fall upon the royal family who has carried the duty and power of their deities..."  

Silently, they listened to the man while coming up with a plan at the same time. Their thoughts were connected with just the exchange of eye contact. The man spoke and spoke and preached about how the lives of those in the powerful family associated with the royals has led the formation of the dark clouds and waking up of the dark lord.

"The twelve guardians of the legends..."

HanNi flinched at the mention of her guardians. Clenching the hem of Minjun's jacket, she listened.

"....they will only appear to protect their master! They are useless!"

"You're wrong! That's not true!" she yelled, "the twelve-- MY friends are not useless! I'm not the only person they protect! Their duties are to protect the master and their people! You can't say anything when all you've been doing is hide in that dark island following the orders of the dark lord!"

"Princess, let us calm down." Hyun patted her shoulders.

"It..it was that man's fault... everything was his fault..."

To be continued.

🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄🔥❄

Hi!

So! I came back to life(?) I srsly want to kms  🙂  I couldn't find breaks to write. I know...how long has it been? 6 months? I AM SINCERELY SORRY.

This chapter is nothing exciting... I'm sorry.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day ❤❤

-SakuNaga
 author-nim