“I should have known.” Dusknoir said. Everyone turned back to him, awaiting words of wisdom. “There is an ancient legend… It is believed that Uxie is the being of Knowledge. And that Mesprit is the being of Emotion. But three Pokémon in total represent the spiritual world… and are said to keep the world in balance.” Dusknoir explained.

“Th-three?” Rise asked. “So besides Uxie and Mesprit… There’s another Pokémon like them?”  He was a little confused.

“Yes.” Dusknoir replied. “The last of the trio is Azelf, known as the being of Willpower. Uxie and Mesprit both guarded Time Gears… Therefore, Azelf may likewise be protecting a Time Gear.” He explained.

“Oh, I see!” Chimecho let loose the ringing bells that were her voice. “If we could locate Azelf… We may find a Time Gear with the Pokémon, and we may have a chance at seeing that thief Grovyle appear!” she chimed.

“That’s correct.” Dusknoir said. “Those three Pokémon, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf… all three are said to dwell at lakes. It’s a fact that both Uxie and Mesprit were encountered at lakes. As such, I believe that Azelf will be found at a lake somewhere. Let’s keep something in mind. Uxie’s lake was located on a high plateau. Mesprit’s lake was hidden far beneath a desert. In both cases, the lakes were hidden in unusual places. So the lake that Azelf lives will be somewhere that we least expect it to be.” Dusknoir explained further.

“I get it NOW! You’re saying we shouldn’t look for water in the usual places!” Loudred yelled. It seemed like a light bulb came on over the entire guild member’s heads at that point.

“My, my, my! I commend you on your wisdom, Dusknoir, sir!” Chatot said. “I feel renewed admiration for you!” Chatot burst out happily. Dusknoir blushed.

“Thank you…” he mumbled. “It’s really nothing…” Dusknoir looked embarrassed at all the praise he was getting, and deserving.

“No, no! We, too, revere you!” Dugtrio called out. “First it was you, Dusknoir, sir, who directed us to the Northern Desert. It turned out there was a Time Gear far below the desert. So, Dusknoir, sir, your insight was entirely correct.”

“Oooh! So maybe the other places we searched… the eastern forest and the Crystal Cave…” Sunflora said, “Those places could still be hiding their secrets from us!” she jumped up in excitement. Dusknoir gasped.

“I have an idea!” he said aloud. “Bidoof,” he turned to the beaver-like Pokémon, looking up at him excitedly, “I have a request. That crystal you picked up previously, may I borrow it briefly?” he asked. Bidoof was taken back and sucked in air through his teeth, making a funny whistling sound.

“My crystal?! No-no! No sirree!” he refused with a whimper as he held something close to his chest. “That’s my precious treasure, by golly!” Crystal thought briefly of Yuuki-chan, Rise’s stone. She turned around just in time to see him fondle the rock behind his back. Dusknoir sighed, but there was a little bit of amusement in his eyes.

“Of course, but rest assured, we won’t take it away.” Dusknoir said.