No Idea

“He’s hot, like sexy hot,” Cama said as I put on my masquerade dress to show her. We were video chatting about Logan, of course. “But not as gorgeous as Mich.” I laughed aloud at the last part.

“We can’t compare the two. Besides, they know each other.” I pointed out as I zipped up the zipper on the side of my dress.

“They do? How?” Cama excitedly asked. I could see from the curious twinkle in her eyes that she was in the mood to gossip.

“College,” I adjusted the top part of my dress, pulling it up to cover my chest. “Mr. Hutch was going to the same college as Mich, except he was on the football team and, I heard, he wanted to become a therapist, but changed his mind.” I decided not to tell her that he told me about changing his mind to wanting to become a teacher from going to school to become a therapist.

“Let me guess; he was on the Prowlers,” Cama accurately guessed as I walked up in front of my laptop camera and showed her my dress. “You. Look. Stunning.” I slowly spun around and let her see the entire dress. It was a custom design inspired by the Phantom of the Opera. An inch or two above my knees, my dress is made of a rich, berry-like red fabric with a white cotton V-neck top. Also, my outfit came with flowy, grecian-style, white, open sleeves attached to a long black cape and a bedazzled white mask. The store threw in a fake rose to go with the theme.

“Thanks,” I stood up taller and picked up the mask to show her how I would look with it on. “It doesn’t really scream masquerade, but that doesn’t matter.”

“You look like Christine from the Phantom of the Opera. No joke,” The look on her face made me laugh. “But seriously, you look good.”

“Not as pretty as you, though.”

“Oh, please, you’re a billion times prettier than me,” Cama insisted, running her hands through her wavy hair. “Don’t try to argue with me. You know I’m right.” I shook my head and sighed, used to Cama’s persistence.

“I think he may like you.” Cama added, getting my attention.

“Who?” I curiously asked, dropping my mask onto my bed.

“Mr. Hutch,” Cama leaned back and adjusted her laptop on her lap. “He seems to take an interest in you, Em.”

“Even if he does nothing can happen between us. It’d be un-professional and we could into trouble. Also, Becca called dibs on him.”

“That bitch,” Cama hissed. As soon as she saw the angry look I was flashing her she folded her arms and tilted her head. “Who cares if she called dibs? He’s not hers unless there’s a ring on her finger. Besides, the other day when you introduced him to me I felt sparks between the two of you. It was magical.”

“Sparks?”

“Yeah, sparks,” Becca smiled and batted her eyelashes. She rested her head on the palm of her right hand and began to think. “He was trying to get your attention. Whenever he smiled it was while his eyes were on you. And they sparkled. Seriously, his body language gave it away.”

“Whether he likes me or not, nothing can happen,” Running my hands through my hair, I sighed aloud. I didn’t want to believe what Cama was saying about Logan and I, but deep down, I knew she knew what she was talking about. “Oh, Cole wanted me to ask you if you could call him.”

“Sure. About what?”

“I have no idea…” My voice trailed off as I thought of Cole and Mr. Hutch. They BOTH like me. Let’s not forget Darrel.

Now what am I supposed to do?