Chapter Sixteen: The Truth About Jessie

Start from the beginning

‘Jessica has been known to lie to get special treatment, even going as far as too self-injure her well-being. She delights into lying to young men who are wealthy to get into their lives. She will do anything to get their money, as far to claim she was pregnant with the wealthy man’s child to get a ring on her finger.

Jessica is also frequently lying to people, and will feign having phobias in order to get closer to her next target. Jessica was kicked out of her family once they found out she was soliciting sex to older men.’

“Goodness.” I breathed, shocked. Surely this can’t be the Jessie we know? But there it was a printed picture of her, with a birth certificate and personal notes on people who had known her and had enough of her promiscuous and treacherous behaviour.

“They should have added amazing actress to that little eye opener.” Cam muttered darkly. The others had far enough and started arguing with Cam. Perry grabbed the piece of paper as Marcus and Tyler flanked him on each of his side.

“Cam—” I started though he held up a hand and cut me off. “It’s all fucking there. She played me real good,” he swayed again and his eyes settled on me sadly. “I always seem to get the bad ones.”

“This is bullshit!” Tyler seethed, walking over to Cam with his fists clenched. “Jessica is a good woman, not a whore. None of this sounds right and you know it Cam.” He continued which brought a spark of rage and suspicion to Cam’s eyes.

“You slept with her didn’t you?!” he shouted and lunged forward. Jack and I were too slow to stop Cam as he pulled back and punched Tyler in the jaw, tackling him down to the ground.

“Stop it! Jesus Mary and Joseph stop this right now Cam!” I yelled, trying to tug him off to a bleeding Tyler. Everyone else immediately started pushing Cam off Tyler, shouting at each other. Cam threw another punch to Tyler’s gut. He seemed too enraged, too animal like.

Tyler wiped the blood from his busted lip and lunged back on Cam, tackling him to ground. They rolled over punching and swearing as we all struggled to pry them off each other. I thought I saw a kick go to Jack who was at the wrong spot.

Lord help me! I cried desperately.

“You slept with her! You fucking bastard!” Cam was screaming at Tyler, who was being forcefully dragged away by Marcus and Perry, who looked terrified at their brother’s drunken rage.

“I never touched her.” He shouted back angrily, turning his head to spit at the ground. It came out all bloody and good lord —a tooth bounced against the floor.

Cam had stopped shouting and had just stared forward, doing absolutely nothing. It was like a fight didn’t happen literally ten seconds ago.

My chest had collapsed in relief the instant they were pulled from each other. Tyler was now in the kitchen, and Marcus held a clean table cloth against his face which instantly made the white cloth turn red.

“What is the matter with you?! You just seriously hurt your brother!” I snapped at Cam. He wasn’t the oldest brother that had the youngest looking up to him in pride.

He was just a sad drunk, who now sat on the stairs and stared at the documents that were lying on the floor. Then his eyes turned robotic, no feelings or depth in them. No anger or sadness. No despair or rage. Not even a hint of pain or guilt.

He slowly stood up and walked up the stairs like nothing had happened. I turned back to Jack who was now lying on the floor, grunting in pain.

“Jack!” I screamed, running to my fallen husband. He gave a brief pained smile, “I’m fine Mary. The boys just pushed against the ribs for a second.” I hurried over to help him get up and up the stairs to our own room. Once inside, I gently helped him lay back on the bed.