Chapter Nine: Breakfast & Flowers

*Jessie’s POV*

“What am I—what am I doing?! You’re the one who just made a scene, you’re the one who dragged me away – quite rudely I might add!—and you ask me what I’m doing?!” I yelled at Cam, jabbing my finger into his chest.

The point of my finger ached, and that only added to my rising anger.

“I asked you what you’re doing with James Malcavoy. Now answer me.” He ordered, ignoring my jabs as he leaned in closer.

“N-no!” my heart was beating so fast from his proximity, my mouth suddenly felt dry. Cam raised an eyebrow, leaned in close enough that I could feel his hot breath on my face.

“Jessie, I’m not going to ask again—”

“Cam, I’m not going to say no again. Now get off of me.” I breathed, shoving against his chest. He barely moved, and I had to grit my teeth from swearing at him.

“As your boss I forbid you from ever talkin’ to him again. Or you will be fired.” Cam threatned me, and I felt my hand twitch. He can’t fucking do that!

“It’s not like I’m going to ever again, he’s a friggin creep. Now move out of my GOD DAMNED WAY!” I screamed at him, he flinched from the shockingly loud cry and stepped back.

“Alright, but this better be the last I hear of you and that bastard together. Understand? Good, now get in my car.” Cam’s tone was one a fool would be to argue with.

“I’d rather walk.” Bending down I picked up the heavy grocery bags, tightening my hands around the environmentally friendly material they were made out of.

“Don’t argue with me, Jessie. Now get in my fucking car!” he snapped, wrapping an arm around my waist tight but gentle as he dragged me into the passenger seat.

I kicked at his knees and tried to pry his arm off me, feeling a bit light headed.

I wasn’t scared of Cam, not as if he were going to hit. But afraid of what he’s making me feel. Despite my pleading, I liked that he was here with me, trying to get my attention.

But I’m still pretty pissed off at him.

“Control freak!” I yelled at him, the damn asshole even buckled me up. I gritted my teeth as I stared out the window, ignoring the smiling bastard.

“So how was your day? Jessie.” He said cheerily, as if we were a god damned couple. As if he didn’t ruin my morning.

“You hungry?” he asked, I kept my eyes to the window so I wouldn’t see his face.

“Did you eat anythin’ when you left the ranch? I can stop by and get us some breakfast.” He offered, at the sound of breakfast I perked up and swivelled around to glare at him.

“Fine. But I won’t talk to you.” I said coldly, returning back to peering out the window. From the corner of my eye I could see Cam shrugging, then leaned down to turn the dial for the radio.

Some country song started playing and Cam started strumming his fingers on the steering wheel with every beat.

Cam glanced at me all of a sudden when I stared out through the windshield.

“Stop staring at me like that.” I ordered, well snapped at him was more like it. He only looked at me curiously, narrowing his eyes slightly as the sun’s rays hit his eyes.

“Like what?” he asked curiously, tilting his head towards me.

“Like you’re trying to memorize my face.” I glanced at him, swallowing a little at what I saw in his eyes.