Chapter 39

Jungkook and Yoongi simply stare at each other in the empty room, unable to face what had just happened. Yoongi rubs his jaw while Jungkook grips his ribs softly. Jungkook's gaze shoots to the boy's jaw and his face falls with guilt.

"You've got a mean right hook" Yoongi says, slacking his jaw and tightening it to circulate some sort of feeling to the area. Jungkook chuckles with relief, the light-hearted sound audibly contrasting the tense environment. He knows that Yoongi making a joke means everything's going to be work out, but the ending of this is what Jungkook fears. It's out of his control.

"And you're stubborn when you're angry. But I always knew that." Yoongi smirks and offers a sideways glance to the boy. He knows they have to talk about what happened, he knows that he can't let this hang like he'd done with all their other arguments. Yoongi stares at Jungkook and all these thoughts flood his mind; he's beautiful, he fell in love with this boy, he's never loved anyone else before Jimin came along, Jungkook is the reason for so much happiness and so many wonderful memories. But the relationship...

"This relationship has always been toxic hasn't it?" Jungkook simply nods as a response. He turned his body to completely face the boy and he places his hand on Yoongi's knee. He glides his fingers over the skin longingly.

"But maybe that's why it worked. It was toxic, just like us. It was driven by things we can't explain. And I have to admit, it's been an exciting journey" Yoongi grabs the hand on his knee and presses it to his cheek. Jungkook leans over, moving in to kiss Yoongi, the longing, need, and weeks of not having this boy in his arms overcoming his rational mind.

Although the boy is surprised, Yoongi responds, deepening the kiss and ignoring the thoughts running rampant in his mind. Yoongi separates the kiss, only to begin kissing the boy's neck.

"This is all our relationship is anymore Yoongi" Jungkook whispers through his breathlessness. He remembers Taehyung suddenly, knowing that he was happiest with Taehyung when they weren't touching each other, when the physical part of the relationship wasn't there. Kissing is important, the intimacy is vital, but it can't be everything. However, he feels good, amazing really, as  Yoongi grabs at the edges of Jungkook's shirt and tugs it off. 

"Is that such a bad thing?" Yoongi asks, trying to figure out exactly why he's doing this. While he was with Jimin he has to admit that he tried comparing the boy to his boyfriend. He felt incredibly guilty but he missed Jungkook, missed touching him and feeling his body against his. His love for Jimin exceeds everything he ever felt for Jungkook but the way he makes him feel on a physical level controls him at that moment.

Jungkook lifts off Yoongi's shirt and presses his back against the bed, straddling him. It feels wrong, he shouldn't be entertaining Yoongi in this way after all that's happened. He shouldn't be using his lust as a way to choose between him and Taehyung. The moment drives him, the years of experience and passion between the two boys exceeds his consciousness. Taehyung weeds his way into his thoughts, whispering sweet nothings the way he's been doing for days now, helping the boy sleep despite the guilt he felt before.

"Shouldn't love be the most important thing in a relationship?" Jungkook asks, simply staring down at Yoongi and running his hands through his blonde hair. 

Yoongi agrees in his head, trying to battle the pleasure he's feeling with the emotions in his heart. All he can think of is a crying Jimin on the floor of his bathroom, the cute little selfie that flashed onto the screen of his television, the random moments of close proximity between the two that he tried to disregard, and the beauty of the boy's rare but shining smile.

"Yes, and that's why I choose Jimin." Jungkook stops, hovering over Yoongi who avoids eye contact.

"I... I can't do this after I've already given my love to Jimin. I have a part of him no one else does, and he loves me in a way that you don't. Not anymore anyways. And I forgive you for that, only if you forgive me for falling in love with someone who isn't you." Jungkook takes a minute and absorbs his words. The moment comes crashing down on the boy and a single tear rolls down his cheeks at the same moment that a smile spreads across his face. The two boys sit up and face each other, Yoongi surprised at the boy's reaction.

"and I chose Taehyung" Jungkook says as he throws his arms around his ex-boyfriend's neck, a gesture of gratitude. He whispers a thank you into Yoongi's ear, a thank you for being the brave one, the one to make the tough decision, the one to give him enough strength to make his. There's a reason why he's the hyung, his mind was clearer when it comes to these things. Jungkook closes his eyes and more tears drip out.

 "Why are you crying?" Yoongi asks. Jungkook shakes his head and begins laughing.

"I'm sad... and I'm happy. I want you to stay in my life, we were friends before we dated. It's ending on such a strange note, I'm not sure if this is a good breakup. the circumstances are so strange. I..." Yoongi smiles and uses his thumb to wipe away the streak ruining his porcelain face.

"You'll always be part of my life."

The rage they felt just minutes before fades as they quietly put their shirts back on an walk out of the room. The mess in the living room catches up with them as Yoongi steps over pieces of broken mirror and dishes.

"Um... I'll clean this up. You need to get back for tonight's show. And you need to talk to Taehyung." Yoongi says as he leans down and begins carefully collecting shards of glass. Jungkook leans down and begins helping the blond clean.

"I don't have time to make it back. Let me help you with this" Jungkook insists. Yoongi shakes his head and dumps the glass in his hands into the trash bin. 

"No, leave it. Let's go." He grabs his keys and heads towards the door. Jungkook tilts his head in confusion but follows suit anyways.

"Should I call Taehyung and tell him I'm coming?" Jungkook asks, getting into his ex-boyfriend's car and clicking on his seatbelt.

"No, let's make this a surprise"

*A/N* I think there's only one, maybe two chapters left, I'm gonna try and introduce my next fanfic before I post the final chapter of this one but if I don't, just know that I am going to write another fanfic. This isn't my last. I just didn't know if I could handle more than one at a time but I may be able to :)