Chapter 9

"Jungkook? Jungkook! Kookie where'd you go?" Taehyung runs around backstage, opening every door to try and find the younger boy. Every empty room and every door he slams releases a curse from his lips.

"Taehyung stop!" Seokjin cries out, trying to get the boy to relax. He doesn't comply.

"Where'd he go? Tell me where he went?" The impatient man begs.

"If you would listen you'd know that he went to his dressing room" Hoseok retorts, his normally happy self dissipating into nothingness as worry consumes him.

Taehyung runs straight for the assistants dressing room but stops short the second he gets to the door. What's going to happen when he opens it? He doesn't know how Jungkook will react and frankly he's too afraid to find out. His concern for him outweighs any doubt he has but a hand on his shoulder stops him from entering the room.

"I think I should check on him. You guys don't seem to be on good terms in the first place. Remember the earpiece?" Seokjin reminds him, pushing him away slightly and entering the room alone.

Jungkook jumps as he hears the door open and close. Once he sees Seokjin he begins crying out of relief, most of his tension caused by the hope that Taehyung wouldn't come through that door. The boy runs to the elder, pressing his wet face into his shoulder, the pastel pink sweater Seokjin changed into feeling comforting and satisfying against the wretched heat of his red nose and cheeks.

"Shhh it's okay, you're safe it's ok" Seokjin mothers.

"It's not okay! Jinnie I could have died! Taehyung's reputation would have been ruined!" The older boys ears perk up at hearing the boys protests.

Out of all the things that could have concerned him, his health, his career, his own death, it's Taehyung's reputation that he includes in his fears. He knows that the boy has feelings for Taehyung but he can't quite figure out what it is yet. Taehyung's feelings are obvious, they are feelings of attraction, moments of lust and need but all in all the elder knows that he has fallen for the younger man. Jungkook, however, is a peculiar mind to try and figure out.

"Jungkook, everything is going to be okay. You did good averting everyone's attention from the fact that there was real danger. You didn't have to but you did. I'm sure Taehyung is relieved." Jungkook glances up at his comforter suddenly.

"I... I need to speak with him" Jungkook whispers, just loud enough for the eavesdropping boy to hear. Taehyung enters the room and runs over to the two embracing bodies.

"Jungkook" Taehyung's voice is a shy whimper as he gazes at the very much intact young boy. Seokjin slowly backs away and out the door, watching the two of them stare at each other deeply.

"I'm so so-"

"I quit" Jungkook interrupts. Taehyung's eyes widen out of surprise.

"It... it was an accident Jungkook. We'll take extra precautions I promise, please don't leave us. Don't leave me" Taehyung begs. Jungkook drops his gaze to the floor.

"You don't know how terrifying that was for me" He mutters, his voice dead and emotionless.

"It was terrifying for me too Jungkook! I thought I was going to lose you. I can't lose you. I need you"

"Why?!" Jungkook's voice echoes throughout the room, heard from beyond the walls by the boys standing outside the door.

"Why me Taehyung, why take an interest in me? Is it because I'm attractive? Is it because I look easy? What exactly is it about me that makes you 'need me'?" Jungkook's head begins to pulse from the headache forming. He almost died and all Taehyung can think of is his own needs, his own desperate need to have a boy toy by his side.

And the older man can't seem to find a reply for his crush's demanding questions. All he knows is that he needs him in his life. The second he laid eyes on the boy he realized that he needs him. Hiring him had nothing to do with his skills but thank God he had them. It was the first sight, the first pulse of Taehyung's heart that caused Jungkook to be chosen out of the hundreds of people who applied.

"Answer me and I won't leave" Jungkook tosses an ultimatum at the magician. Taehyung blinks.

"Answer me. Why do you need me?" Taehyung struggles to answer. He doesn't want to use words like love but...

"Jungkook please"

The younger boy walks closer to him, causing Taehyung to back up. Jungkook now has tears in his eyes, desperate for a proper response. A wall stops Taehyung from being able to further escape the boy and he's in the same position they were in just hours prior.

"Answer me" the boy demands. Taehyung can't take it any longer.

"Because I don't think I can live without you anymore!"

Jungkook freezes, his face just centimeters from Taehyung's. The air around them stiffens and both their bodies tense, Tae's answer rocking both of them to the core.

Jungkook winces as the scar on his stomach begs for attention, pulsating with pain. The moment comes crashing down as the boy lifts his shirt to reveal the result of the day's emotionally and physically draining occurrence.

"It... it got you" Taehyung chokes on his words. His fingers react before his mind can pull them back, running down against the skin of the boys abs and feathering over the scar.

Jungkook pushes Taehyung's hand away and walks over to where his phone rests, picking it up and dialing a number.

"Kookie!" The voice behind the phone says excitedly. Taehyung can hear every word from the phone in the otherwise stark silence.

"Pick me up. I'll send the address." Taehyung stares at the phone in the boys hand.

"Baby what's wrong" Yoongi asks. Jungkook looks at Taehyung, knowing exactly what's wrong.

"Just-" a sob breaks through.

"Take me ho-" Taehyung rips the phone out of the boys hand and hangs up, throwing it onto the vanity and cupping the boys face in his hands. He presses his lips against Jungkook's in a deep and desperate kiss. Jungkook begins to try and escape but the passion beats his attempts and his defenses fall. He kisses the boy back, turning him around to press him against the wall and deepen the kiss. Salty tears stream down Taehyung's face and find their way onto the buds of the younger boys tongue. The tears shock him and the kiss is broken. Taehyung's hand rests on the back of his head, pulling it down so their foreheads connected.

"Please don't go" Taehyung whispers. Jungkook's head is spinning, both from the kiss and the deep seated pain he felt, the betrayal that had just occurred.

"Yoongi" Jungkook replies. Taehyung's chest begins to ache. He never wants that name on his assistants lips but he understands that it's the only name that should be on his lips.

"I know"

"I'm leaving. I just... I need to see Yoongi." Taehyung looks down at the ground as their foreheads disconnect, along with their hearts. Jungkook leaves the dressing room, Taehyung left alone with his pain and his thoughts.

As the boy makes his exit he begins stripping away the elements that belong to his stage persona, the robe, the earpiece and the hands free mic. He drops them to the ground, ignoring the please of the three eavesdropping boys. He keeps on walking, pushing his way to the exit door and dialing Yoongi's number again, calling him and giving him the pick up address.

Namjoon stares at the retreating boy, feeling a sense of dejavu. He's quiting, that much Namjoon gathers. It's happened before, but not like this.

*A/N* chapter 8 was too early for a kiss but chapter 9 is perfectly ok... I just couldn't wait anymore. My shipping heart couldn't take it.